Friday, July 27, 2012

A Right of Passage

This summer was time for a right of passage for our growing girl Kennedy. She had decided that since her best cousin Laynie had gotten her ears pierced that she too, was ready to gather her courage and get it done. She looked forward to it for most of the year so the anticipation was thick. 5 Aunties, 2 cousins, her sister and her mom were all there to cheer her on. It was fun to all be stuffed in the Claire's store together for this small but special moment.
The piercing on tape: she doesn't even flinch or break her smile, I did notice she squeezes that bear pretty darn tight though! Way to be brave Kennedy!

Every girl remembers getting their ears pierced, but I doubt many have as fun a memory as Kennedy does now. Lucky girl!


4 comments:

shellydinger said...

That is a fantastic video! Hugging that bear tight was really cute. Love the new look!

Bell Family said...

Such a cute video and post! She is so brave!

Anonymous said...

Awe :) Every little girl deserves that kind of party! So glad to be part of the cheering section! xoxo
Beeg

Becca said...

I remember getting my ears pierced! My little brother pooped and it fell out of his shorts in the middle of the mall and my mum had us "just keep walking kids, don't look back" ... I was 7 ...

lllllll