I'd like to open with a bit of honesty. Some mother's days are not good days. There have been a few where I wanted to stand up and rebuke the overly sappy and exaggerated things being said about "perfect moms" from the pulpit. I want to boo them like the old lady in Princess Bride.
But alas, this Mother's day was a great one. No booing required.
It started out with Nathan rolling over in bed and saying, "If you could have anything for breakfast what would it be?" I don't love traditional American breakfast foods (okay, I do heart bacon) so I was being a little cheeky when I replied Dahl Makani, my favorite Indian food. Without hesitating he said, "Okay." and hopped up to go get my breakfast. I couldn't believe it. Anticipating that I would rather have left overs than breakfast food he had bought my favorite food on Friday and hidden it in the fridge. It was the best start to a great day. He had totally surprised me.
I loved my "Happy Matures Day" mint plant grown by Aly. Matures day might be more fitting, huh?My Mother's Day picture with my favorite little people in the world. They even kind of, almost, nearly cooperated taking the picture. See? A great day!





5 comments:
what a cute crew. I love kohen's style
I love pictures of you with your kids. It looks awesome (and crazy of course) but mostly awesome!
Great breakfast choice. What a darling picture! Do I spy a bow tie on Kohen? Love. It.
Love the photos!!! It looks like someone has the market cornered on the bandaids..Ouch!!
Dad
I love you "boo! from the pulpit" because sometimes it just fits.
Happy (very late) Mother's Day!
Post a Comment