Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm Baaaack!

I bet ya thought I was done. For good. Nah. I couldn't let my blog die on an ugly spider post! We've just had a difficult few months. Stress filled, limbo-land and so much drama I didn't even know where to start. So I just didn't. I spared everyone the gruesome play by play. And how nice is this? Now I can report our plans without months of "maybe's".
So here is the long and short of it: We are moving to Dallas Texas at the beginning of December. We are gonna catch our breath for a hot minute (or maybe 18 months or so) and then we plan on heading to South America, though it is still undetermined exactly where. Any advice on amazing places to live in S.A. are welcome!
So as you can imagine, previously things were stressful because of the unknown but recently switched to the equally evil, stress from the known-all-too-well. International moves are... involved.  And by all accounts, repatriating is a beast, so I'm super looking forward to moving home with the inevitable, "I somehow don't quite fit in anymore". But hopefully those feelings will be short lived.
Overall I swing wildly back and forth between being unbelievably excited to go home to America, to coming apart thinking of leaving Taiwan. In example, I'll be driving along day dreaming about what it might be like to walk into an American store and shop for my children for Christmas... endless possibilities! Then I'll gaze out at the gorgeous Asian, jungle covered mountains that I love so much and think, How can I leave? This has become home! Cue the waterworks.
I'm sure their will be a sappy, I love Taiwan! post somewhere in this blog's near future. But until then, here's to being back at blogging!

7 comments:

Kathy Bell said...

Second paragraph I got chills! Dallas! December! Jeff and I are in San Antonio and we would love to come up and visit! I am so excited to have more family in Texas!

Marianne and Brad said...

AHHH THAT IS AMAZING!! But also sad! But we must come visit you!! We are trying to plan a trip to San Antonio to see the fan but we should try and do Dallas too! Its not too far!!

shellydinger said...

I'm so glad you are back! But I have strange mixed feelings over here. 18 months is such a short amount of time! Please keep blogging, I'm so eager to read through all the new wild adventures heading your way (and a bit of the chaos too).

The Crowley's said...

hang in there. We love you and miss you guys. Hope to see you for Christmas1

MKB said...

It's like America but south.

Rosemary said...

So excited for you and us! More reasons to go to Texas.

Peter and Jen Bell said...

I could not be more excited!

lllllll