It's my Birthday week. So at the very least our visitors timing left something to be desired. But after 3 rounds of notes coming home from one of the kid's class with the cheerful message, "Someone in your class has lice!" I wondered how long we'd make it before our luck ran out.
Click, click, click, BANG.
There are so many moments in motherhood that you never forget:
The first time you hold your child in your arms.
The first time they head off for school.
The first time you find lice crawling in their hair.
This morning I discovered one of my children had become a host to some unwelcome guests.
In my horror I immediately used a life line and called a friend. She-who-shall-remain-unamed recently endured the same trauma with her kiddos. She was calm and collected and told me exactly what to buy and how to proceed. Our heads started itching like mad just from the conversation.
It took me 2+ hours to clean and comb through Ground Zero Child's hair. It was highly memorable, but more in the "remember to work through this with my psychiatrist" kind of way. I'm treating all of us even though no one else (yet) has any signs of it. I want to minimize a reoccurrence since, in the words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for dat!"
Before today I had no idea that terms like "lousy" and "nit-picking" were so nasty and insulting.
They say you learn something new everyday. I feel certain I could've done without this knowledge. On the bright side, I'm extremely grateful we sprung for the large capacity washer/dryer.
Good. Grief.



No comments:
Post a Comment