As a parent sometimes you become desensitised to some of the things your children do on a regular basis. Take Kohen, for example. I don't even realize anymore when we go out in public and he has on some get-up, that this may draw attention to him. So it has only newly dawned on me that Aly has been speaking in an Italian accent for quite some time.
At dinner she might ask, "I need-a my cup" or to a sibling, "that's-a my doll!" or even "STOP-a Kohen! Dat hurt-a my fwee-wings" (feelings). Anyway, Nathan and I were laughing about this the other day, how our most blond and fair colored child is the one who seems to be fully embracing her 1/16th Italian heritage wholeheartedly, if not unknowingly. We don't really care where it comes from, it's kooky and cute and we love it.



5 comments:
aly cat is so cute and such a ham! I really want Bradley and I to come visit you guys in Cali so we can really just spend time hanging out and having fun! Maybe in the springtime? :) hehe. I really wanna visit again! I miss you guys!
Oh, I want to hear it. Maybe you guys should just come out here for Christmas!
ok seriously, that is dang funny. and not to be all narstic here - but kadence does the same thing - she is starting to grow out of sadly, but everyone notices it and she just so happens to be a 1/3 italian :> and we would joke that its in her blood - but apparently it is. her fave "i love a this ...." thanks for the laugh!
and she is so dang adorable in that dress. she looks so proud of herself. :>
I'm just surprised that Aly has grown up enough to be able to say sentences like that! What a big girl. And, I'm a big fan of kooky!
I used to have this tendancy too...except I would turn it into a song. I would say, "Pass the syrup-pa! pass the syrup-pa!" It drove my siblings crazy :).
Very funny! I am almost all Italian you know...I can appreciate that!!! :)
Post a Comment