Friday, July 17, 2009

9 Years and Counting

Since I blogged last Nathan and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. After all the crazy we've been experiencing it was so nice to sit down and have a nice meal with Nathan where the only interruptions were from a waiter bringing us more delicious food. It was great spending time with my best friend. I love you Nathan!
Speaking of Anniversary's, Nathan's cousin Marianne (whom we lived by in VA) got married to Bradley and so Nathan and I headed down to Utah for her wedding in the Bountiful temple. It was a great trip, congratulations guys!!! 
When Nathan and I first arrived in Utah we coincidentally were passing through the same time as our good friends the Dunnings who we haven't seen since they visited in VA about 2 years ago. Unfortunately we have been going nonstop the last few weeks and I started committing sin after cardinal blogging sin, most notably, not pulling my camera out when I knew I ought too. In this case it really is a shame because the Dunnings have 3 of the most adorable children, their oldest is not yet 3 and I should have gotten a picture. Shame on me. It was odd that suddenly they are in the "crazy" phase with kids when it used to be us. So good to see you Mark and Kristy!
On our way into lunch with the Dunnings Nathan was looking on his iPhone for the nearest Sally's Beauty Supply because I needed a straightener. We were walking and he was searching on our way into Cafe' Rio. As we found our seats Nathan was like, hey we're in luck, there is one right around here! As we left lunch we felt like complete idiots when we went to locate Sally's and discovered that sometimes using your own two eyes can be faster than the internet. 

Last but not least, while we were in Utah Nathan celebrated his Birthday. We were able to hang out with the Furni and we had breakfast at this authentic Belgian waffle place. It was unspeakably delicious :)  Nathan and Eric actually sent H. and I to the spa that morning which was very thoughtful of them. Kind of some weird folks running the spa- but H. and I had a great time being pampered and chatting away the morning. Of course there should be pictures to document all of this but...well, you know. It was a great trip, thank you Mom and Ashley for watching my rowdy ones while we were away. And Happy Birthday Nathan!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the 9 years, that is so awesome!! LOVE Cafe Rio...wish they had one here!

Jessie said...

Happy Anniversary! That's pretty funny about the Sally's! You know when your hungry and focused on Cafe Rio.... :)

lllllll