I was home with Scarlett today so Nathan had all four kids at church by himself. He was holding Ander in the back and a couple of YW were sitting with our other three. Apparently Kohen asked one of them if he could bear his testimony, she asked him what he wanted to talk about and he said Family Home Evening. She thought, that sounds fine, and let him go up. He proceeds to say:
"Hi my name is Kohen and I want to bear my testimony about Family Home Evening. Last Monday night we didn't have Family Home Evening. My Dad put me to bed, and as I was laying in bed, I couldn't fall asleep, and a thought came to my mind that, Hey, we didn't have Family Home Evening! So I got out of bed and went and found my dad and I told him, "Dad! We didn't have Family Home Evening!" and he said, "Go to bed!". So I went back to bed, and eventually I fell asleep. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."
Kohen walked proudly back to his seat soaking up the rare out loud laughter in a Sacrament meeting.
Needless to say, Aly's request to bear her testimony was promptly denied.



15 comments:
that is hilarious...from the mouths of babes!!!!!Love you all and congrats on the beautiful baby girl ...Debbie
so wish I could have been there for that. He is so funny. Not cool though to sell you guys out! Couldn't he just give you props for having a beautiful baby last week?
This is going to keep me laughing throughout sacrament meeting today. Funny thing is, we had this exact same conversation with Lizzy last week. We will not be letting her share her testimony today. I love Kohen!
Hilarious! What a character he is :)
It's too bad he didn't mention all the good stuff you guys do with your family first.
I think of all the times my kids have brought that up (at the very last minute) to avoid going to bed when I'm at my wits end. Love it!!
That is flippin hilarious!!
Laugh out loud funny really, but when is Kohen not? Love that kid. Good thing everyone already knows how great you guys are!
Hahahaha!! That is priceless!!! I bet you guys will for sure have FHE the Monday before testimony meeting now!! Love that guy!
James and I had a great laugh over this! It's bound to be a classic Jensen family story. (along with Scarlett's crazy beginning! That was such a fantastic story to read . . . and I'm glad it was you and not me :)
Wow. That is when they start to go up to bear thier testimonies and you just want to trip them...
FUNNY!!!!
Tell Kohen, that he is now Uncle Mike's favorite Nephew!!
oh laugh at loud funny! Love that guy!
See who gets treats for FHE now. :P
LOVE that kid...I really need to meet him some day...and maybe hang out with him too.
lol Oh man, that is hilarious!!! I love it!
Post a Comment