Everyone has been adjusting to our new family dynamics in their own ways. Though you would think Ander would act out the most, he has actually done well and not taken anything out on the baby. However, he was definitely a Mama's Boy before and with Scarlett's arrival we saw that go into overdrive.
This ^ is Ander trying desperately to get into the car when Nathan and I left on our first date after Scarlett's arrival.
So like he always does, Nathan steps in and gives out the extra attention to the kids whenever and however he can. It helps immensely. But we were still trying to keep our heads above water. Then guess what? My mom, who thoroughly dislikes flying (especially internationally) flew to Taiwan, on her birthday, which happens to be September 11th! all to come and help us out... okay, and maybe to get a few snuggles in with her new grandbaby.
My mom coming was a surprise for the kids, and they were ecstatic. The morning she arrived was a Monday and the kids happened to have the day off for Moon Festival. We had a big swim party and BBQ with our neighbors.
All 6 of us adults had gotten together the night before to decide what to eat and I'm not sure exactly where things got out of control but we had SO much food. Amazing food.But with our 16 kids between us + adults, we made quick work of it. It was a lovely evening just sitting out in the
Just ask Scarlett.
Sweet baby girl, just one month old and growing fast enough to make me cry. xoxo
Know what else makes me want to cry? The fact that 3 weeks have flown by and my mom leaves tomorrow :(. Either one of those things might make me cry.
I doubt that even chocolate could make me feel better.
I better try though, just in case.








6 comments:
she has the cutest lips ever!
That's the first time I've seen her smile!!!!!! I love it :) I love her, I cannot wait to meet her :) xoxoxo
That was from me, Beeg ;)
She has changed a ton in three weeks! So beautiful! I think your mom deserves a medal for flying on the 11th... seriously says true love :)
Love Dixie! Way to be surviving. I can barely do 3 kids. Question: do you like the moon festival cakes? Not our favorite.
Sweet! Can't wait to meet her :)
Post a Comment