Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Baby Boy is 2

 Ah man, you know what's coming don't you? Me talking about how I can't believe my little guy is already two, how fast the time flies and how it feels like it was only yesterday he was born. But darn it! It's all cliche' and it's all true! Sooo, let's discuss how grateful I am he is only two because he was oblivious to the ball dropping I engaged in around his birthday.
 On the big day we picked up Ander's brothers and sisters from school and met Nathan at YuKids Island. This was the right choice for sure. (Note how I skip to 3pm before his festivities begin. Well, I guess I gave him a cookie with his breakfast, does that count?)
My mom and I and Nathan watched as Ander ran around with his brother and sisters like a little wild man- SO happy.
They all had a great time, and Ander left a happy, sweaty, satisfied customer. 
Randomly- how wrong does Kenna's leg look in the above pic?!
 Ander's favorite part of his birthday was easily when we all sing to him, especially the Bahasan Celebration song we sing at the end (courtesy of the Bell's :) he claps and shouts along. He didn't mind the cake either.
 Moment of truth here, Mom didn't get his presents wrapped. For the first time in the history of our family, there were no decorations. As in zero. Nary a balloon. At the last second we threw a gift in a trash bag and stuck a bow on it for him to open before bed.
It can only go up from here, right? ... Poor kid.
 So day two of birthday we got the rest of the presents wrapped, and we made up for things by singing to Ander again- did I mention he loves that?
 Kohen was insistent he wanted to wrap and give Ander his old tool belt, hat and tools. Cute brothers.
Ander isn't much of a toy kid yet. This Mater toy Ander's gma and gpa Jensen gave him is the first one he's ever paid any attention to. Leave it to a Grandma to find something he'd love!
I feel like if I start writing all the reasons I love this little guy, I could never end at 10, or even 20. Suffice it to say, that Ander is a bright spot in my day, every day. Being greeted by his smiling face every morning is what I get out of bed for. He will still sit and snuggle up with me, though nowadays he makes up for that when he decides to get down- he is a crazy busy little boy when he wants to be. But he's mine and I adore him. Who could resist that dimple?!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Erin, don't worry about the wrapping on his presents. It looks like a 2 years olds dream come true kind of birthday. Especially that play place. I still think it looks amazing!

Also, I remember my mom wrapping our presents in laundry that she had just cleaned because she couldn't find any wrapping paper. It's always funny when you're unwrapping something and underwear comes flying out.

Rosemary said...

Fabulous! The best part is that you love him so MUCH!

Anonymous said...

Ok,OK, I don't remember the underware, but I do remember wrapping presents in baby blankets.I mean four birthdays in four weeks counting Johns so whats a mother to do? I am sure Ander loved all the attention. You a great Mom and Dad

PS I love how cute his big brother is to give him the tools .Great pic.

lllllll