Saturday, October 29, 2011

Some Day Dreams Do Come True.

One of Nathan and I's first dates we spent snuggled up on his couch each reading our own books. Looking back I realize it was during that date I started falling for him... hard. The fact that Nathan enjoyed reading as much as I did was so attractive to me. In much later dates when we were reading together I would day dream about our future little Jensens likewise snuggled up in a blanket, lost in a story. You know sometimes, (day) dreams do come true:
Grant it, Kennedy is only one of 5 but we have so enjoyed how much she loves reading. And she is quite the little reader, spending much of her free time inhaling one book after another. Not to mention what a help she is to me; many a night she has saved the day for me by reading to her brothers and sisters while I attend to yet another disaster or melt down. 
Of all of the qualities I love about Kennedy, her love of reading has a special place in my heart. 

6 comments:

The Crowley's said...

love that last pic. she is so sweet. Can I borrow her for awhile!

shaunlori said...

Sophie has now entered that world and will not be coming out soon! I love it--I was not even mad when we came home one night at 10:30 to find her door locked, hiding from the sitter, in her room with the light on reading a book. Pass along your favorites for new chapter book readers!

hf said...

Malia is the same way! Sometimes I can't get her to pay attention because she's involved in a book.

I loooovve that photo of Kenna reading while holding Scarlett. Priceless!!

Kay said...

That is such a sweet tribute to an awesome girl!

Peter and Jen Bell said...

I love that last picture too. Hope you all are doing well.

Anonymous said...

awwwh look how scarlett is all snuggled on kenna!
tara

lllllll