Monday, October 10, 2011

Pixie's (aka: Gma's) Visit

 Even blurry, that is a cool picture of Kohen. The kid's tricks have gotten more gutsy as this swimming season has gone on. And when they have a captive audience, like Gma was, they will perform for hours.
 Getting to go swimming is a great incentive to get homework done after school.
 "CAN IT- BOOOOMB!!!!"
 Besides spending time poolside, my mom and I also spent a fair amount of time staring at Scarlett, deciding what features come from where and repeating how adorable she is, over and over. Truly, there is nothing more beautiful than a baby who is peacefully sleeping.
Since they were in season we had a "Dragon Eye" tasting, which is also known as Lychee fruit, but once you hear the nickname it becomes a lot harder to ignore the texture which is exactly what I imagine an eyeball would feel like *gag*
Pixie braved it first...
Followed by Kennedy...
... who was quick to eject her nibble into the trash.
Nothing had changed since the last time I tried 'em- yuck.


The kids played out in the pouring rain one afternoon and had a grand ol time. They were making sidewalk chalk murals on the walls that surround our house, splashing in puddles, and according to some reports, even swimming in puddles.

Brandie and Carrie (the neighbors) kind of insisted that my mom and I get out of the house and go with them to this pottery town called Yingga, about an hour away. I am so glad we went! We didn't have near enough time there before we had to go to catch kids coming off of the bus, but watch for a post on Yingga in the future as I plan on going back.

The day my mom left we went to the school and had lunch with each of the kids as they came through the lunch room.
Kohen and his buddy Taylor with my Mom- had to get a picture of the cuteness there. Kohen actually had to go to the VP office for defending Taylor's honor. If you feel like you are missing some details in that story... you are.
Shortly after I got this shot, about 10 girls surrounded my mom, Kennedy and Scarlett. All of Kenna's friends were dying to see her new sister. It was quite the crowd, all ooo-ing and aww-ing. Cute girls.
I had to try and get a shot of how Scarlett puts both of her little fists under her chin when you hold her on your shoulder. Before you know it she has gone to sleep, perched on her two tiny fists. 
We couldn't have had a better time with Pixie, or been more grateful that grandma came to visit. Love you Pixie!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I just have to say that your kids are the cutest kids ever. I'm dying to hear the Kohen story and I love how fearless they are in the water.

Speaking of fearless, those dragon eye balls look terrible. I don't think I'd be brave enough to try one. I have a good friend from Malaysia who loves them. She would pick up candy with that flavor whenever she could. Yuck!

I'm glad your mom was able to stay out there for a good long visit. Although I doubt it felt long enough to you. It never does does it?

Anonymous said...

I wanna come play! Dude, lychee's are good! Just don't think of them as eyeballs ;)

Beeg

lllllll