Monday, October 10, 2011

Scarlett's Blessing Day

One of the unexpected perks of my mom's visit was that we were able to bless Scarlett while she was here. It was wonderful to have even one family member here with us. It was a lovely day and Scarlett was a perfect baby for the event. 

Okay, can we talk about her dress?!!! Nathan's Aunt Charlotte (and I believe his cousin Jetta helped too) handmade this beautiful dress. Charlotte makes baby blessing dresses for lucky family and friends, her talent is unbelievable.  She showed me pictures of a few dresses she had made before and I got to pick and choose what I wanted, like the pinafore lace overlay, tulip sleeves and bonnet. 
 I am so in love with this dress, and so distraught that I can't get a proper picture of it that does it justice! The dress needs a photo shoot of it's own!
 I think of the day we blessed Ander and how different I felt with Scarlett's just by having my mom here and a beautiful dress for the baby that to me, represented all of our family in the States. A little something that reminds of us of our loved ones at home. It was a wonderful day.

11 comments:

Kay said...

That is one beautiful, amazing dress! I am glad that it helped to make both you and Scarlett's special day.

hf said...

She is a beautiful baby! And the dress is amazing!! I'm so glad your mom was there to share in the day.

Marianne and Brad said...

SO beautiful! I am glad your mom got to be there, that is awesome. So when can Brad and I come visit?? :)

The Crowley's said...

amazing dress, I love the bonnet. Glad your mom got to be there.

Rosemary said...

Way to go Charlotte! I love the dress. And what a beautiful family. :) NICE

Nicole said...

First of all, WOW that is some amazing talent that aunt has right there. Incredible. But also I'd like to mention a few more things I'm in love with: your red shoes, Kennedy's scripture case (where did you get that?!), and of course how sweet and adorable Scarlett is.

Heather said...

You have the cutest tiniest ankles on record. Ever.

Oh and your baby looks absolutely heavenly :)

shaunlori said...

Oh sweet, sweet baby girl. I am sad that I have to admire you from afar. The dress is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Scarlett! Can't wait to meet her!
P.S. You look hot seester :)

xoxo
Beeg

Anonymous said...

so cool your mom could be there for the special day, and that is one amazing dress! Do so love the bonnet
Tara

Ky"sa" said...

Wow! Charlotte really outdid herself with that dress! What a beautiful family picture. Glad your mom was there with you. :)

lllllll