Of course, in hind sight, I am so grateful I went. Thursday before the conference started a bunch of us girls met and went to the famous Stanley Market.
It had a beautiful view and you could smell the ocean in the air...
But truth be told, I am starting to feel kind of "meh" about night markets and markets in general. I'm feeling a little bit like, if you've seen one you've seen em all. However, I remain committed to continuing to check them all out just to make sure. :)
Anyway, that night the conference started and we met up with many friends who have moved to other places in Asia but we were able to meet back up in HK. I love that about the conference.This years service project was for a local Boy Scout's Eagle Project- crocheting leper bandages to donate to a leper colony in Nepal (a throw back for me to my YW's project back in the day, remember doing these Heather H?). It was a fun project to do while listening to speakers or visiting with friends in between classes. Thank you hand model Matina for this pic ;)
I was teasing Lori that I was going to put this pic in the conference slideshow, to which Lori replied, "Oh yeah, well those cookies were the ones I brought to you with your lunch." Touche' my friend, touché'.
Scarlett was a good girl all things considered. And the girls all took turns taking her during classes for me or holding her when she was fussy, or so I could eat. I was so grateful for their service and help.
And getting to see my girls, Lori and Nicole, made the whole trip worth while. Last year Nicole moved to HK and Lori moved to Chengdu China. I was not a fan of either of those moves, FOR THE RECORD. I love them both and miss them terribly. It was so awesome to have some time with them.
It was an incredibly spiritually uplifting weekend. When you are a mom with little ones at church you don't always get much out of it week to week. So I feel like I really get to recharge at conference.
Annnd I get to go out to eat and shop in HK with my friends... that is a winning combination.
At Mask, a yummy restaurant that serves Sichuan food. Never thought I would put "yummy" and "sichuan food" in the same sentence. Boy I have come a long way over the last few years...






5 comments:
You HAVE come a long way with the types of foods you will eat/try. I guess you've had no choice with some of it.
I'm so glad Nathan didn't let you back out. Sometimes it's easy to just stay at home instead, just the effort to go seems too much! But once you're there it's all good.
I miss yoooouuuuu. Come baaaaack. I'll cook for you? Thank you Nathan for not letting you back out [again]. I love the picture of the three of us (and the one of Lori and the cookie). I'm totally stealing it, hope you don't mind.
I absolutely agree about the markets; I definitely don't go out of my way for them anymore. Fun to take visitors to them though!
Thank you Nathan!!! I had so much fun rooming with your girlz and giggling into the wee hours of the morning. Erin was a great support and it was so uplifting to be with good friends.
Gave birth to another child, still looking GREAT.
Glad you got to see Sister Hoer!
-Justin
I agree that women's conference is such an uplift. It is totally awesome that they have an Asia one! And that you could go with Scarlett... you have good friends. And I know you meant the other Heather, but I remember making those loooong leper bandages with you too :)
Post a Comment