Guess where we went over Chinese New Year Break this year? Guess what we did?!
NOWHERE and NOTHING.
It was wonderful.
Because everything shuts down and no business goes on, Nathan was home and the kids were out of school. We had no plans. Un.heard.of.
It rained 95% of the break. So... we did stuff indoors. We have a Wii but the menus are all in Chinese so Nathan is the only one who can navigate us to the games. Works out super conveniently because we hardly ever play it but when we do it ends up being a special family activity. Above, I am kicking everyone's trash in Just Dance. And yes, I took great pleasure in it, even if my biggest competition is only 9.We stayed in our pajamas more than usual and spent a lot of time snuggling. The children still always want to hold Scarlett. It surprises me a little bit that even Ander requests to hold her daily. Some kids argue and call "Shotgun!"; Our kids argue and call "Scarlett!". Someone is always claiming it's their turn to hold her.
Our favorite babysitter Cecily was competing in basketball and since the Lower, Middle, and Upper schools of TAS are all under the same roof, we definitely felt it was our duty to go and cheer on our Tigers! You can barely see Scarlett on my lap next to Ander but we had the whole crew and we were quite the cheering section. I was somewhat surprised how much Ander enjoyed the game. He loved cheering for the team and had his eye on the basketball the whole time. Made us miss our days in VA cheering on our Bell girls!
I'm never inspired to take pics when it's dreary and rainy but as soon as the sun comes out for it's five minute tease, I grab the camera. It makes for a deceptive representation of things but I'd rather highlight the nice weather anyway. We had it for one day. It was so incredibly lovely. The kids even jumped into the frigid pool.
When we were getting cabin fever from being inside too long we searched online and found this thing called Baby Boss where you go and your kids get to try out all sorts of different jobs. They wear costumes, have lessons about the jobs and even earn baby boss $ after they "work" each job. The $ can be spent in the Baby Boss store. Sounds amazing right?
Reality: Kids under 3 are listed as "free", but in actuality are not allowed to participate in anything. Would have been nice to know. There are about 25 different jobs but they have it scheduled and you have to go wait in line to get a spot for the job. The popular jobs where you actually make pizza, ice cream, or doughnuts were always filled with people waiting in line forever before hand. Worse than Disney lines.
Our kids really wanted to try the Captain and flight attendant job. They had a huge plane replica they got to work in and everything. We waited in line for an hour. The place was absolutely swarming with Chinese people on CNY break. Oh, and did I mention all of the Job lessons were in Chinese?
Lastly, the $ they earned bought absolutely nothing in the store. Our kids did 3 jobs and earned enough for a sticker. That would be fine if they didn't pimp out the store with all sorts of toys utterly out of reach for the kids to earn. Epic fail.
One morning during break Nathan gave in to the older 3's request to make a volcano. We got a classic Kohen moment at the end of the 30 second clip. Enjoy.I loved our dreary, rainy CNY. Bring it on Dragon.







6 comments:
Sometimes it's harder to document those slower, low key moments, but you do it perfectly! Miss you guys!
I miss you guys coming to cheer us on too!! Sometimes sitting around in pajamas and hanging with our computers is the most fun anyway ;)
SCARLETT! I call her. Shaun and I like to have Just Dance competitions after the kids go to bed, and yes, I also wipe the floor with him. It's invigorating.
lol oh man, that was awesome! Bet he won't do that again. You are super mom! Seriously. :)
It is nice to have those low-key relaxing holidays sometimes. Glad you enjoyed it.
you guys are awesome!
Post a Comment