Sunday, April 8, 2012

Father Daughter Ball 2012

 This year, for the Father/Daughter Ball the theme was Alice in Wonderland. My options are limited and different than how I would go about getting a costume for Kennedy in the states. I find myself making do a lot, which is good for me, right?
Thankfully I have some of my old dance costumes with us so I sacrificed one and had a local sewing lady take off the sequins that had been on it and fit it to Kenna and she wore it over a Cinderella costume we had and it worked perfectly! (well, perfectly enough)
Nathan rented a tux and it was the first time he's worn one since we were married. He looked so handsome, I was a little envious I wasn't going out with him. He searched all over Taipei to locate a top hat since the invitation suggested he wear one, and Kennedy was really hoping he would find one.
 Kennedy, or rather, Ms. Alice, was wearing a hair bow, where her bow was made out of her hair. I ran out of time and ended up feeling like the practice run the night before had been a pinch better but she was thrilled how it turned out so I resisted the urge to keep primping and let her go.
 Not too shabby. It makes me wonder how easy it would be to do this if we didn't have 4 other kids running around and in the mix.
And of course the Mad Hatter has the fraction on his hat which upon Googling it's significance is supposedly the price of the hat, 10 shillings 6 pence. Interesting.
 They were off, headed for a night of fancy food, fun games and dancing. They were not disappointed. Kennedy looks forward to this night all year long. Truth be told, so does Nathan.
 This was Aly after they left. It's hard being a 5 year old -excuse me- 5 and a half  year old, when there is a magical Ball on the line. Maybe next year sweety peety. (I should mention Nathan took her out on a date the night before, lest anyone feel too sorry for her).
 
Kohen, however, was ready to party.

6 comments:

The Crowley's said...

love the costume and love the hair! You do pretty amazing with your "make it do looks!"

shellydinger said...

She looks great. That hair looks amazing! and I love the top hat!

hf said...

Whew! Finally a post to get the obscene pic of "eve" off!

I love the daddy/daughter dates! I am in awe of the lengths you'll go to to have it perfect! Nice job. :)

Heather said...

I loved the whole post, and cracked up at Kohen at the end. Perfect costumes, they look awesome! And Aly, so sad, and Kohen. Seriously does all the emotion and harramba in one house make your head spin sometimes? It does at mine :)

The Hedquists said...

You're one crafty little mama! The whole get-up is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Dude. You did the Lady Gaga hair bow. I feel like it's time to start a little girls hair blog now ;)
Love,
Beeg

lllllll