My biggest driving accomplishment happened when we went to PingXi and Shifen Waterfall. I borrowed a friends GPS but it wouldn't find our destination so I just winged it. I stopped once for directions but was totally patting myself on the back because I was on the right track.
Once we got to PingXi (the place where the lantern festival is held) we got out and had a picnic before exploring the little town a bit.
Lot's of sights and smells and "culture".This sweet lady sold us these hats for about $1 U.S. each. That is a deal I can handle.
Grandma "Pixie" and Papa John with the three amigos.
I first heard about Shifen falls from Pinterest. I didn't put it together that it was so close to PingXi until I googled it. I was excited to go check it out but not holding my breath.
I was pleasantly surprised. It's rare in Asia that something exceeds my expectation.
But Shifen Falls definitely did. It was beautiful.
You can actually take a little train from PingXi up to Shifen waterfall which could be fun to do another time with different visitors (HINT, HINT- to anyone who wants to take it).
It was a stunning waterfall. I was so glad we went to see it.
I was also glad we left Ander home with a sitter. It wasn't really an Ander friendly outing... though most aren't these days. He is a WILD man. But that is a story for another day.




7 comments:
It looks absolutely beautiful. Fantastic job on driving, that really is a huge accomplishment!
was that bug for real? Crazy if it is.
I would love to take the hint and come for a visit. You're amazing for going out of your comfort zone and successfully navigating new sights on your own! As always, I'm impressed!
So glad you got to see that waterfall. we trid going there and there was a chain link fenced surrounding the whole thing and you could barely see. Beautiful and congrats on your driving!
I will definitely have to take the hint at visiting!
I loved Shifen when we went a couple years ago (http://www.codyandnicole.blogspot.com/2010/03/cutest-little-lantern-town.html)--especially the town. I thought it was so cute. We did do the train--which was PACKED but probably wouldn't be if it isn't during lantern festival/CNY. We trekked to the falls in the rain though and so I don't think enjoyed them quite as much. Your pics are absolutely gorgeous. And I'm way impressed with the navigation skills. We all know I wouldn't be able to do that!! BTW I miss you and think you need to let your visa expire again. :)
Haha! Throw that hint to Taylor some time ;) I think we would have a battle over who would get to go first though. Or maybe we could go together......hmmmmm that's an idea!! Beautiful place!
Post a Comment