Shortly after our arrival in Boise our sweet Aly, who is both middle child and middle sister, turned 6 years old. Aly is a friendly, outgoing, comical, creative child and I feel like her placement in the birth order in our family has probably enhanced some of these qualities even more.
She really is the comic relief of the fam. Aly will do ANYTHING for a laugh. We actually have to remind her on a pretty regular basis that she is funniest when she doesn't try. But once she gets a genuine laugh out of us you can bet she is going to repeat the same winning phrase or obnoxious sound until the spontaneity and charm are completely beaten out of it.Aly spends a large portion of her time in this life make believing she is in some other more beautiful, romantic, funny and dramatic world. Her imagination is engaged more than the average 6 year old and I love to sit and listen to her weave magnificent tales in her pretend play.
(Scarlett, 10 months)
This year she was a good sport about "spreading out" her birthday. This is another trait I admire about Aly, that she has a sunny, positive disposition. Reality was we were all jet lagged and I was trying to get my feet under me with all of the kids and Nathan now gone and I couldn't quite pull off everything for her birthday in one day. So she would happily announce to people that she got to have her birthday for days because we were just spreading it out.Though really, who doesn't love spreading out their birthday?! On this day the cousins came over to swim and have cupcakes and wish Aly a very happy birthday. It was a great time.
I love this cheeky middle child of mine. I am proud of how she handles challenges in her little life. Love, Love, LOVE her.





6 comments:
I believe the best quote from her was: "I get to have my birthday all summer long, so it's ok you're not here right now dad."
Happy Birthday little Aly-cat! We miss your larger-than-life personality around here!
We love you Aly Hota!! We miss you!! So excited to see you soon!
We. Were. In. Boise. This week. Twice. My heart aches that you were there too and we didn't know it! Miss you guys!!!
We. Were. In. Boise. This week. Twice. My heart aches that you were there too and we didn't know it! Miss you guys!!!
It was so great seeing you and your darling family!! I love your blog!
Post a Comment