Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Kennedy Turns 10!

 Making cupcakes to take to school are always a trial. If the cupcakes turn out after my finicky oven, you begin the battle with the frosting which turns watery and melts off due to humidity. It's always a race getting them to the school before they turn... special looking.
So when Kennedy said she really wanted Costco cookies and chocolate milk I declared her my favorite child and said DONE. It worked out perfectly in her class.
 Kennedy had a great day with her fam. She was super excited to get to the good stuff, presents and cake. If you are looking at her cake and thinking the top looks a bit burned, wrong! It's "ombre" which is totally in style right now and I completely did it on purpose. It had nothing to do with the afore mentioned finicky oven. Nope, totally planned.
 I went to great lengths for Kennedy's present. This past summer when we came home I snuck her American Girl Doll with me and once we were to the states I sent the doll off to be cleaned up and have her ears pierced, knowing that Kennedy would be getting her ears pierced too this summer.
 Of course she noticed her missing doll once we returned and she worried that Ander had done something terrible to Molly. So she was so relieved and surprised to find Molly all spiffed up with her cute new earrings.
Her other gift, I decided not to put a picture of, as she is worried about getting teased. When she first saw the Justin Bieber pajamas online I think that was why she wanted them so bad, because then no one would see them who might tease her. (Plus she liked that his ears weren't pierced yet on the pj's, oh the irony!) Anyway, her reaction was huge and she adores her J.B. pj's.
It's strange for me to reflect on being a mom for a decade, that Kennedy has survived the learning curve of her parents. She is such a kind girl. She loves playing the piano, I never have to ask her to practice. She loves music and leans towards being obsessed with Les Mis - like her mama was. She is an absolute book worm (love that about her). She is responsible, and reliable and helpful.
Sometimes I think Kennedy is a little overlooked, easy to have happen when your brother and sister are the more outgoing Kohen and Aly. But though Kennedy is somewhat shy and more quiet by comparison, once you take the time to get to know her, she is such a genuinely kind hearted girl.
I'm so humbled and grateful she is ours!

10 comments:

The Crowley's said...

10 wow! Happy Birthday Kennedy!!!!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Love to see how much Kennedy has grown. She is a special girl and so very loved!

Nicole said...

I have long since designated you as the best gift-giver. Always so thoughtful and spot on. Kennedy is such a great girl. Happy birthday to her!!

Val said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy! I can't believe that she is 10 holy cow. When you lived here she was just starting kindergarten. Time sure does fly!

Kay said...

Happy Birthday Kenneday!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthdayKennedy!!! Love, love the braided hair...awesome...


Papa John

Marianne and Brad said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy!! We love you!

maddie said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy! I love you and hope it was a fantastic day!

Rosemary said...

Well said! We love you too Kennedy!

Rosemary said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy! Well said!

lllllll