We decided to go bowling and it was actually super fun. We focused on really cheering each other on (in spite of the bowling alley filled with non-emotive Asians) and each of us got some strikes and spares so it was easy enough to do.
Most of the pictures of Kohen bowling looked like he had just been tazed, but he's only been once or twice before so that is to be expected. By the end he was looking more in control. Great progress!
Please note the spare sign in the back ground. Booyah!
My Bowling Boys
Before we left we played a few rounds of air hockey. I love the picture of Kohen laughing after just scoring against his dad. No greater joy, apparently.
We finished the night by taking Kohen to Outback for the first time. At this point in his life I would say food is Kohen's love language so he was in heaven. He was totally happy to share some appetizers with his mom and dad.
Highlight:
During dinner we were talking with Kohen about some of the struggles he's had recently, especially with controlling his mouth when frustrated. A few minutes later Nathan casually asked Kohen if he had a daughter, what would he tell her or what advice would he give her to help her do better. He thought about it for a minute and then said, "I would tell her to be kind, and to stay calm and to, HEEEY! Your using the Force on me!"
What a great night.






5 comments:
Love the blog make over. I want two columns. I'm afraid I'll mess it up though if I start messing with it! And your kids being thrilled with soda means you're a good parent!
Oh Kohen. He always has the best one-liners! Miss you guys!!
he looks so big and so darn handsome!
I love the dates! We usually go solo (only one parent) with the kids, but I like the idea of both parents together.
You always were a great bowler!
;)
How great is it that you know their love language and can fulfill it with a soda and Outback! He is a great kid
Post a Comment