For the most part, Scarlett's big brother Ander has taught her everything she knows...
But this was all her.When I went to investigate a strange tinking sound I found Scarlett precariously perched on top of the piano. She was throwing the little decorative rocks and was pretty dang pleased with herself. Not dissuaded at all by my sudden appearance, she was reaching for another rock when I snapped the pic.
Scarlett has recently turned into her big brothers protege'. He has bequeathed his vast wealth of knowledge to his quick-study baby sister.
Sure, they laugh and wrestle and play pirates, with Ander fitting Scarlett with a too big pirate hat and trying to help her get a make-shift sword to stay in the elastic band of her pants. But he also teaches her how to climb up on the counters, leverage her weight to open the fridge, and climb in the pantry to retrieve snacks. And should she need assistance, he is of course always there to offer her a boost.
Mei Mei is pretty proud of her new skill set, proven as she gleefully scatters the napkin pile off the table for the millionth time. And be warned, if there are any liquids on the surface she has scaled, she will empty them all on the floor before you ever realize she was even on the counter.
It was actually in a pretty quiet moment that I had the epiphany that I was in the grips of some serious toddler tyranny.They both love the same blanket which is fine, we have several. But I've noticed my two self soothers put their fingers in their mouth whenever they have a blanket. I've tried really hard lately to keep the blankets in their beds to help minimize the fingers in the mouth. But they've taken to sneaking them whenever possible.
The other night I witnessed Scarlett, the girl who is so stingy with her words, bring out two blankets she'd scavenged up, casually handing one to her brother saying, "here doh" before she crawled up on the couch beside him and they both assumed the position.
It dawned on me then: they are totally enabling each other.
I absolutely love that they are buds, I really do. I'm just not sure it's worth the knowledge transfer that is going on. The only thing trickier than one Ander is two!



5 comments:
Haha oh my gosh! They are the cutest!! Miss you all so much!! Btw, thanks for the info on Omaha. We weren't able to stop because it was SNOWING and FREEZING cold in MAY, but maybe next time!!
That is hilariously cute. But I could see that it could be a tad frustrating for the mama.
I am so sorry but they are really cute!
Amber is right. Too cute...have to take their side in this.
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Seriously.
Post a Comment