For the first time Kennedy went to hang out with friends for Halloween and though we missed her we did carry on! First item of business was to carve the pumpkins.
I felt a little guilty after my camera didn't work that we went to the effort to go get Kennedy from her friend's house to come and take pictures. Only a little guilty because she did need me to do a "Katniss" braid for her so it was a short, mutually beneficial visit.
Since I just have the one pic from Nathan's phone, I'll add a couple of details.
Kennedy- Katniss Everdeen, with her bow and arrow and she even had a mocking jay pin that you can't see in this picture.
Kohen- The Tomorrowland Kid with the jet pack. His jet pack was legit with flames and all. (if I do say so myself)
Aly- A Court Jester wearing a skirt from my dance days, and hand made collar and hat by yours truly. The makeup ended up slightly more "clown" and less "cool jester" but for winging it, it was fine. Plus Aly loved it so that really is all that matters.
Ander- A jedi, specifically "Wook Skywalker".
Scarlett- Olivia the pig
Statham- A monster from Where the Wild Things Are
Our neighborhood is great about Halloween. Lot's of people go out on their driveways and visit and have a drink. Everyone is super friendly. I don't know what it was about this year, maybe Halloween on Saturday night but by 8pm a LOT of adults were walking around tipsy. Super friendly still, but it was a bit embarrassing, frankly. People would stop and ooh and ahh over Statham and as they left our kids would be like, "what was wrong with them?!" or Scarlett would be like, "She was silly!" Oh dear.
Ander held up his Halloween light and shouted, "Scarlett! Here's your dance spot!" An impromptu, music-less dance party ensued!
Aly's night was made when she met up with her BFF. Cute girls. I got to take the littles home while Nathan went a bit longer with the big kids.We gathered Kennedy later and had a funny moment when she had chosen her candy to keep and was turning the rest over. She was all, Goodnight! And Nathan and I were like, Hey, what's in your pockets? And your other pockets? Annnnd, how about your boots? So stinkin funny. That girl and candy.
A successful Halloween!!!






1 comment:
You know that title caught my attention! :) LOVE the costumes! You are my kind of woman. So unique, cute, details are there, you nailed it. Great job mama. Hilarious about the drunk neighborhood! Your kids are growing up so fast!
Post a Comment