The man buys one cup of cider and pays for it with a crisp $100 dollar bill. Kennedy tries to tell him it's just too much but he insists, saying that you don't see enough kids out doing things like this now a days, and that it's awesome. He asked if he could take a picture of them at their stand, thanked them for the cider and drove away, leaving two kids -in complete and utter disbelief- in his dust.
They ran inside to tell Nathan about their first sale of the day, and their shock wore off into excitement. What a cool experience!
When I first heard this tale I admit I may have thought for a brief moment about how I encourage them to use the stand to earn some spending money so that they get a small idea about the time and energy it takes to make a few bucks, and this guy blew my "lesson" right out of the water. But the rarity of someone paying with a Benjamin doesn't seem to be lost on the kids, they get that it was likely a once in a life time event.A very memorable day at the lemonade stand indeed!



2 comments:
coolest thing ever!!!
Such a cool memorable experience! What a great guy!!
Post a Comment