I have a confession to make. It has been a long time coming and it takes a lot of courage for me to share this with you so publicly. But we live in a different world now than we used to and people are a lot more open minded then they used to be, so thank you in advance.
There has been so much talk lately about people being transgendered and the topic is a sensitive one. But this morning I read a headline that changed everything for me. It read: FIFTY-TWO YEAR-OLD MAN LIVES AS A SIX YEAR OLD GIRL. SERIOUSLY. And that one sentence (and picture, let me be fair) changed everything for me. There was this shift in my thinking and I'll never be the same.
I realized that I am TransEra. That's right, I was born in the wrong time. I've never really felt "right" and as societal norms continue to morph and change, they just feel more and more wrong inside me. You might be thinking, Yes! That's your inner compass! Listen to it! But how could so many of us be wrong? What are the chances the problem is inside my head? Plus it feels better when people "embrace me for who I am" instead of telling me I might have a sickness in my head that is not well understood. Now I realize that there is some irony that I have to join a 21st century fad to escape to an era without said off-putting fads, but that's what feels right for me, ya know?
I should have been born around the turn of the century. Not the 21st Century, mind you, no that isn't working out too well for me. I think I identify closer to around 1900, I know if I had lived then I would feel just right. You see, people wouldn't frown down at me for calling a girl, a girl and a boy, a boy. And I wouldn't be called hateful for defining marriage to be between a man and a woman. And you could say things like, "Hey, get a job and quit leeching off of the government, this isn't okay!" and I wouldn't be "insensitive," I would just be right.
How good it would feel to be "normal" when I talk of Christ in a public or social setting. I would be the cream of the crop, not a societal flop.
Yes, I was born in the wrong era. And since it's impossible to change that, I would like my entire world redone Quaker style and I will dress and act accordingly, now don't you try to sneak a peak of my ankles!
Did I mention I want insurance to cover it?



2 comments:
I can relate, and agree wholeheartedly to this in every way you've mentioned!!
Hmmm sounds like I was born in the wrong era too. Either that or the 2nd coming is not that far off! How can the world be so wicked and far gone from the bounds God has set and see nothing wrong with it!! Good job hitting on such a topic with such sensitivity, truth, and humor!
Post a Comment