Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Kohen's 5th Grade Bazaar

The 5th graders here have a 5th Grade Bazaar each year where they make and sell items and then parents and students all come one evening to buy it. The "Bronco Bucks" that the students earn they later use in this Mini Town experience they have where they can go watch movies, buy treats, play games etc. Kennedy did it a couple of years ago so we knew what to expect. 

 
Kohen chose to make these cute popsicle stick bow and arrows. They were "easy" in theory but a little labor intensive. You notch the sticks, then soak them, then string them with dental floss (what you don't do is curse when said notched and soaked stick snaps in half while trying to string it!). Then you cut q-tips and notch those as well and they are your arrows. Quite a few hours were put into the project. I did have to help a little with stringing them, it was a bit tricky. But everything else was all Kohen.

Here he is all set up and ready to go. It is weird to be there with them because you feel stress, like will my child's product sell? I spend most of my time and money walking around looking for the poor, sad, dejected looking kids who aren't selling much. I waste a lot of money at these things. I come home with a lot of useless crap. But who can sit and watch a child's self esteem be crushed and do nothing?! Ahhh! It's like my worst nightmare!
In the end Kohen did sell out of his bow and arrows and had a positive experience. As the parent, I was grateful for that. And also glad it was over! Way to go Kohen!

No comments:

lllllll