Monday, February 1, 2016

Mommy Survival Strategy

I'm a pretty healthy person, generally. But if I'm going to get sick I can guarantee it will be about 2 hours before Nathan leaves out of town. It always happens. This particular trip was no exception. And he was gone over the weekend of course, because well, that's my favorite. 

Nathan left on a Thursday evening and by Friday I was miserably sick. By Saturday morning I didn't want to get out of bed. A plan started forming in my mind. I needed to go to the store for the essentials but was having a hard time convincing myself to go. I wanted to just stay home and let the kids watch movies all day, but the thought of making them bags of popcorn all day also seemed overwhelming. Then I had a stroke of genius. I had seen these massive popcorn bags at our nearby Winco. I forced myself into the car and headed in that direction. I grabbed bread, milk and a bag of popcorn as big as Scarlett.

The kids settled in for a movie marathon and gorged themselves on pre-popped popcorn while I laid catatonic on the couch. I am fairly certain popcorn was substituted for lunch, snack and dinner. I vaguely remember slicing some apples and cheese at some point, maybe?  Everyone was relatively happy and I survived what seemed like an unsurvivable weekend. Thank you ginormous bag of popcorn and TV!


No comments:

lllllll