I have loved the preschool that Scarlett has been attending. Ander went there last year as well and couldn't have been happier. So when I started having this feeling to keep Scarlett home at the beginning of this school year, I tried hard to ignore it. She was enrolled and we'd paid the fees. Plus I liked having a break with just Statham some mornings. Preschool is ridiculously expensive and that alone could be reason enough to have her home. But as the semester rolled on and Scarlett was happy and I was happy, I was confused why the feeling didn't go away. Finally over Christmas break I decided to follow this feeling I was having and I withdrew her from her preschool.
For as much as she enjoyed school, she certainly hasn't missed it much. I never would have guessed. And for all of my worries and concerns about her being home, they seem to be unfounded. I have genuinely loved having her home all day every day with me. We get in a lot of snuggles and she is a pretty good little helper most of the time. And it's great to be saving that preschool tuition every month. So I am not sure exactly why I felt what I did, maybe she just needed more Mama time, I can understand that. I needed more Mei Mei time too.




3 comments:
Perfect!
way to listen mama!
Hmmm, this post is thought-provoking for me. Emma doesn't really love going to preschool. She's fine when I pick her up, it looks like she's had a good time, but it's often hard to get her out the door in the morning. I keep telling myself that it will help her jump in to all-day kindergarten next year, and admittedly I enjoy the time I have just to run errands, etc. on those mornings. But sometimes I wonder why I'm pushing it. May be time to give it more thought…Anyway (now that I've made this all about me) - good for you!! Enjoy your time together!
Post a Comment