Friday, November 14, 2008

2nd Half, Higher Altitude

To see what we were up to Sunday click here. Sunday night Nathan's Convention started -picture lots of nerds converging on the Park City Marriot. But apparently nerds of the forensic variety are really generous with freebies which never hurts. Plus Nathan would bring me fantastically sinful chocolate desserts each night because he felt bad leaving me to try and get the kids to settle down every night. I am easily swayed by chocolate and all was forgiven.
So on Monday while Nathan was busy with work the kids and I went over to Midway to hang out with the Furni who came up to their timeshare up there. First we went for a walk in the rain and went to check out the craters that were right around where we were. This one Kohen and I are by was filled with water that was warm enough to be steaming. It was pretty cool- when's the last time you saw a crater with thermal water in it when you were taking a walk, right?
We searched high and low for any remaining snow and found a small strip for the kids to play in for a few minutes. After everyone lobbed a few snowballs without gloves we were all ready to go in and warm up.


Kenna -ever my lover of leaves- was pretty stoked with the size of this one
After lunch and an attempt at naps we headed over to the pool where Nathan was able to meet up with us. I think the kids all would have been content to stay in the pool all night. But alas, the steaks were calling.
The 6 pack ran around in their pj's while the boys worked on dinner. It is funny when we are all together, sometimes the four adults will pause, look around and then start laughing at the crazy brood we have created in such a seemingly short time. It's great.

A rare, totally unorchestrated moment when the kids have been corralled. Okay you got us. There was a movie on, lol. What an awesome long weekend it was. And now instead of Nathan being gone for 6 days for work, it's only been 2 1/2. That, I can handle.

7 comments:

hf said...

Well done my friend! I still need to get copies of some of those pictures!! What a crazy, fun week"end".

Kristin said...

Looks like so much fun! I am glad you were able to get away for a few day and enjoy friends and family.

Kari said...

What a fun trip. No sign of snow here yet!

Hannah said...

That is quite the leaf! Erica is a leaf lover too, and it always gathering up a collection of leaves to carry around...too bad I end up having to carry them most of the time!

Jana said...

My favorite is how Kohen is still doing his duty to smile for the camera, but he's not taking his eyes off the movie.

Anonymous said...

The crater! Did you swim in it? It is actually kind of relaxing.

Nephi and Ruby Jensen said...

Hey, you went to Midway. When I saw your pictures, I got a little homesick.

lllllll