Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008 California Style


Aly declared herself "Tink-uh-bell"
Buzz Lightyear! To the rescue!

Kennedy was Ariel sans red hair...
We were invited to a party at a friends house and I am glad we went because it was fun to trick-or-treat in a group. Aly pooped out first but we just threw her in the stroller with a sucker and let the other two keep going for a while.


After Trick-or-treating we went back and had hot chocolate/cider and more treats with friends. The party ended abruptly for us when we discovered the chocolate on Aly's leg warmer was not in fact chocolate...yeeeah.
On our way home I told Nathan I was curious to see if our YES ON 8 sign had managed to stay put in our yard seeing as many of the YES signs in our neighborhood (and everywhere else) have been stolen. Nathan, ever my dear optimist didn't think it would be gone. My cider cup being half empty-I figured it would be. Sadly I was right. Someone had stolen it. I'd like to think that people voting YES ON 8 have more integrity than to steal peoples signs, whereas the NO people don't seem to count this stealing of someone elses property as morally deficient- one of several areas we would disagree on morality. But never fear- we have a back up sign. Take that! sa-kai!!!

8 comments:

Hokie Family said...

Why didn't I think of a stroller. I couldn't feel my arms after carrying Gabe half way around the neighborhood back to the house. Kids look cute!

Jana said...

Too cute! What's wrong with you guys- no red hair?! Actually, good call. Lily is fighting us today on washing it out.

Jessie said...

Is Aly potty trained? You go girl! Sienna isn't even interested at all!
Your hair is getting soooo long!
Cute costumes! How were the hills out there for trick or treating? Or is that just SF?

Marianne and Brad said...

um, the picture of kohen is PRICELESS. love it. and I love aly's socks and shoes. She is so precious! I brag about you guys everyday. I cannot wait to see you! Kennedy is growing into a such a pretty little girl! She is getting so old looking ahhh! Crazy days. SEE YOU SATURDAY!!!!

ej said...

Jess, Aly is totally NOT potty trained...which made the whole thing so weird. We aren't really sure what happened, though it really made me feel like I should pt her...I'm just not in the mood, lol

Sarah said...

Cute costumes! I'm sorry your sign got stolen. I just heard a story the other night about a guy who was so sick of people stealing his McCain signs that he wired them with electricity and set up a camera to catch the thief. When he reviewed the tapes, he saw a little boy holding an Obama sign run up and try to take his sign. The little boy got a little surprise and took off running. I was told it was on Youtube but I haven't checked it out yet.

Hannah said...

Love the costumes! My sister is in CA as well and is on her fourth "Yes" sign...at least her house hasn't been vandalized like some other people. One more day!

Nephi and Ruby Jensen said...

A better looking & happier bunch of tick-or-treaters would be hard to find! Hope you are enjoying California weather.

lllllll