Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Afore Promised Deets

So a blogging pet peeve of mine is when someone promises to blog all the juicy details or pictures and they never do. Cuz then I'm the boob for blog stalking waiting to see how some other couples sunset cruise was, trying to live vicariously just a little bit through someone else's fun getaway. Course, I will be following up on promised details that aren't that exciting but I'd hate to be a sort-of liar/definite slacker. (Note: I still love all my friends who have ever empty-blog-promised!)
Ander. This sweet boy, I'm tellin you what. When I took him to our Ped. in Boise at 7 weeks old he weighed 11 lbs 14 oz, a gain of nearly 4 lbs and he had grown 4 1/2 inches in length. This little guy is an over achiever on the growth charts since he's well above the 50% which is more than any of his siblings have ever been- Kennedy flat our refused to even make it onto the charts so I am definitely a proud Mama.
Okay the health stuff- the second opinion my Ped. gave me pretty much matched what the Chinese Dr. told me- however she was very thorough and said it in a way I'm used to hearing if that makes sense, I get her bedside manner. I also know and trust this Doctor. Anyway, Ander's heart valve has closed properly and his weird breathing is caused by a mild chest deformity (for lack of better word) that he will likely grow out of someday. I am ever so grateful for a healthy child. Truly.
In other baby news, Ander rolled over the day before Thanksgiving, has successfully taken his first bottle (had a look on his face like "now that's what I'm talkin about" as his dad fed it to him) and I can't hardly believe it but I think he may actually be teething. Lot's of drool and gnawing on his fists. What else could it be?
While I was gone Nathan literally was SuperDad. I mean, he did the girls' hair. I repeat, he did the girls' hair. He is the man. One Saturday I almost wished I was in Taiwan instead of Boise because Nathan and the kids went to the beach with our friends the Robinsons to go bike riding. Apparently a good time was had by all. Kohen was especially excited about riding a bike. He had a grand ol time but Nathan was laughing as he told me about what a goob Kohen was, always accidentally running into bushes and curbs etc. I asked- why was he doing that? and he showed me the picture below.
Explains a lot doesn't it?
I love these ^ kids.
While I was gone Nathan struggled to balance doing his job and mine. One day was particularly trying as he found out the night before that for the last day of Kennedy's swimming section of PE the parents were invited to come and watch or even get in the pool too. Of course that meant Nathan was getting wet.
So he had squeezed this new event into his schedule and as he headed to the school he first double parked like everyone else does and ran into a 7-11 to grab some $ from an ATM- only to come out and find the van missing. On the ground in chalk, in Chinese, was the # to where it had been towed. Amazingly Nathan was able to retrieve our towed van and still make it to the swimming in time. Only Nathan could pull off something like that.
This ^ is Kohen giving Ander a hardy handshake, cracking me up by literally saying, "Welcome back to Taiwan baby Ander!"
Since the handshake didn't totally dislocate his shoulder Ander was able to appreciate his rambunctious welcome home. And Kohen really sat there and chatted up his baby brother like they were two old men just catching up on life... where was my 'video' mode?!
Even after a full day of school I got this shot of Kenna's curls after I tried using some new curlers for the first time- not a good shot really, perhaps I should do a blog when I try it again next time. Notice I said *perhaps* so as not to eat the words I so boldly wrote at the beginning of this post.
And last but never least we have AlyRoo sitting next to Kohen at his Thanksgiving Feast. I mean, we've all heard "Stop picking your nose"- but how about "Stop licking your nose?"!!! Only my Aly.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that pict of kohen riding his bike is priceless. I just think of nathan when i see it, so much like him it cracks me up. Just so you know I will miss you terribly tomorrow! I will be thinking of you! tara

hf said...

Your children are so hilarious! And I wonder where they get it from...hmmmmmm. So cute!

At first I thought you were talking about me not posting something - and then I remembered - oh yeah! I didn't go on a sunset cruise! Duhhh.

hf said...

I forgot. Kudos to Nathan for being super dad! I can't believe your van was towed in a matter of minutes? At least that's what I'm thinking it should take to get $ from the ATM at 7-11...Those guys sure are efficient!

ej said...

They are expert at towing super fast. I guess there were about 4 or 5 other cars towed as well ( he could tell by the writing on the ground). Now I'm totally nervous to park anywhere cuz you have to do it illegally most of the time...

hf said...

Well, do they tow with kids in the car? Just leave a token child in there... ;)

Can you imagine!

Rapp Family said...

So glad to hear that your baby Ander is doing well. It is such a blessing to have a healthy baby. I'm amazed at all the traveling you do with the kids and all the fun activities! Way to go Erin. You are proving to be super mom. I love the story about the van getting towed. My husband would totally do that. Glad to see your family is doing well and enjoy the holidays!!

Hannah said...

I am very impressed that Nathan was able to get the towed van and still make it to school. I would have probably broke down in tears and gotten nowhere :).

Glad Ander is healthy!

Anonymous said...

EJ,
you need to post the video of you guys from our trip to Oregon!!!!

Mike

Anonymous said...

EJ,
you need to post the video of you guys from our trip to Oregon!!!!
It will break your record for the most comments!!

Mike

ej said...

Are you talkin about our lipsync? Cuz then my blog would be over cuz the fat lady will have sung....

Anonymous said...

I am a blog promiser who never post.....

I love seeing all the pictures.

kristy said...

I'm so one of those BAD blog-promisers!!! I never deliver!! I'm so sorry... I love that about your blog! I feel like I'm right there living your moments and thinking... I should be blogging about OUR moments but would rather READ about yours! Ahh, one day there will be more time. I hope. I did send a card, but only with 88 cents... bummer! if it comes back to me, I'll resend with 98 - good to know! Mark gave me the old "80 cent international rate" and I believed him :) Don't worry, you'll get one!!! I don't care home much it costs! lots of love to you this Christmas.

lllllll