Be honest now, did you think I was done blogging? Did you think over time my blog would drop further and further down your "recently posted" list? Ah well, I was just having a little break. Truth be told, during our 6 weeks in the States I was quite literally too busy to watch my usual summertime shows, waste time on Facebook, or even blog. But now we are back home in Taiwan not even a full day yet and I am ready to get back at it.
On Monday we had a false start to our trip when we showed up to the airport only to discover our flight time had been changed and we had not been notified, therefore missing our flight. Thankfully they had record of not being able to get a hold of us and due to Nathan's status (meaning how much he flies) they were soon bending over backwards to try and get us on Tuesdays flight with Business upgrades. My aching pregnant body was ever so grateful.Not to mention we got to squeeze in one more day of our vacation which was an unexpected treat.
The trip home was as good as can be expected. It was a solid 27 hours door to door and we were stuck in Japan for a 4 hour layover after having gone Boise to San Fran, 2+ layover there, then 10 hour flight to Japan. Our bodies all thought it was well after midnight and after playing around in the "Family Room" in the United lounge for 2 hours, I buckled Ander into his stroller and made everyone lay down and they were all out in moments. Then I was stuck pacing around since the chairs are all insanely hard in there and I could not get comfy. Oh well.
Not sure if you can tell from the picture but Aly had spent the better part of 20 min. massaging the complimentary lotion from the long flight into her face, neck and ears, which all immediately turned bright red, swelled and got real itchy. Luckily I had Benedryl but you can still see the aftermath of her in flight spa treatment today.
Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know we made it home safely and I am going to get myself organized and be posting again in no time!



4 comments:
That flight is killer! I can't imagine doing it with 4.5 kids. I guess I'm the only one awake right now to comment on your blog, since I'm on the same side of the world now. Thanks for your encouragement to take this adventure. There's crazy parts, but overall it's amazing!
Heather
I am so glad you made it home safe! Yeah for the extra day and the bump up to business class. Miss you guys already it was really fun this summer! Next time you and me girl on the girls boat trip!!!
I'm glad you guys made it there in one piece; barely...right! It was so fun having you all here and having cousins play with eachother.
PS. Commenting on Amber's message; I definately think it's you and amber's time to shine!!!! :)
Glad you made it home safe and got bumped to business--that makes the trip a teeny bit more bearable!
It was great to see you. Lizzy can't wait to see Aly again and talks about it often. Hope Aly's skin recovers fast! Good luck with the upcoming move.
Post a Comment