Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kohen Turns Seven!!!

 The day before school started was Kohen's 7th birthday. The night before, while he was asleep I tied some balloons, hung his new Superman T-shirt and left a Spiderman cup that had a couple cookies in it and a note from Nathan and I, all for him to find when he woke up. Apparently he woke up earlier than I anticipated because he came in our room at 3am to thank us for the goodies. It was really sweet actually. Even sweeter because he promptly went back to bed. :)
 Kohen ended up having a great birthday, all of our neighbors came over swimming and then sang him Happy Birthday before sharing some cake and ice cream.
Between my neighbors Carrie, Brandie and I, we have (or will in a few days once this baby arrives) 16 kids. Two of Carrie's are off at college now but I tell you what, we still make quite the party when we are all together, it's great!
 Kohen was his usual hilarious self while opening presents, I have to say both of his grandma's know him well because their gifts are the favorites.
 Love this series of pics... so Kohen.
Oh man, when I try and find the words to describe this kid, I usually feel I fall short. He is funny, wise beyond his years, very empathetic towards others and not afraid to reach out to someone who is hurting. He has the gift of gab like his dad and knows very few strangers. At church during the summer especially he has had many different Sunday school teachers due to the out going and incoming people that leave and arrive during that time. I swear every Sunday he is begging me to let him invite his teachers (usually a younger couple w/o kids) over for dinner. Every Sunday.
He's the brother who, when Ander was crying cuz I didn't make him a piece of toast (my bad!) asks if he can give his half a piece left to his crying brother. And if you know Kohen and how much he loves food, you know what a selfless sacrifice this is. But it's very much the norm for him, he truly thinks of others first.
He's one of those kids where I know I'm the privileged one to have him in my life. I love him so much.

4 comments:

hf said...

I love the poses! He cracks me up! Happy Birthday to Kohen, from the Furnisses :)

The Crowley's said...

totally Kohen, miss that kid. He is so sweet!

Marianne and Brad said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Kohen, we love you and miss you!

grandma Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Kohen!

lllllll