Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5 Is Not an Even Number

So... our balance is off a little lately. 5 is not an even number you know, so we'll blame it on that. It's true, little Scarlett's arrival has thrown off our groove a bit. Not that we don't welcome the challenge and the change, but just an itty bitty disclaimer as to why I haven't been: blogging, leaving comments on blogs I love and read regularly, responding to emails, answering the phone, showering, getting dressed... shall I go on or do you get the picture?
 Speaking of pictures, Nathan took these the other day while we were snuggled up watching a movie. When your arms are full with children, your heart is full of gratitude. (All right, whose been reading Chicken Soup for the Mothers Soul again?!)
I figured our girls would be dying to hold Scarlett every chance they got, and I was right, they definitely do. What I didn't quite expect was the boys. Ander wants to hold Scarlett ALL the time. He jumps up on the couch, puts a pillow in his lap and holds out his arms to me, like, "hand her over, lady!" Slightly less sweet is when he walks up and attempts to pull her out of my arms by yanking her legs... his heart is in the right place, he just wants to hold that baby, dang it! The fact that he is still a boisterous, rough, nearly two year old surely has nothing to do with it.
Nathan set the baby on the floor one evening as kids were being put in bed and I came out to find Kohen just quietly laying next to Scarlett. He is the only kid who volunteers to hold her even if she is screaming. He swears up and down it doesn't bother him. I put her in his lap the other day and she was howling. He assured me he didn't mind and I hurried off to finish something. Soon things were quiet and a few minutes later I came back to find him bouncing her gently. He was sweating from the exertion of bouncing her with his arms straight out, but he just smiled and told me, "She really likes it when you do this." Sweet boy.
Over then next few months be prepared to see lot's of seemingly unamazing pics of the baby- just a heads up- because with all of Nathan and I's family a half a world away, pictures are the only way they'll get to know Scarlett. I'm not apologizing, just giving you fair warning.




10 comments:

hf said...

That is so adorable. Love it!! And bring it on. If this is all we get, I'll take every word, picture and blog post!!

The Crowley's said...

keep the pics coming we love it! Love the one with Kohen. She is starting to look like your kids just can't figure out which one she looks most like. Miss you guys

shellydinger said...

Those pictures with you and all your kids makes me want more! It sounds hard - but you make it look easy.

Bell Family said...

So cute! I love all of the dark hair. Ashton keeps reminding me that he is glad that we are having 2 babies because then he can hold on and Weston can hold one (or in other words, he won't have to share). Love all the pics:)

Nicole said...

Your kids are the sweetest ever. Seriously, I got choked up over the whole Ander and Kohen bit. Is it that I'm pregnant or is it just that tender?! In those two pictures in the pink onesie I think Scarlett looks so much like Kennedy! What a doll!

Tara Pugmire said...

Just love hearing about the fam! Keep the stories and photos coming! We miss you.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Oh she is adorable Erin!! I dont' know how you do it. You are super mom!!

Heather said...

Love all the baby pics and that one of you and the kids watching a movie, seems like those moments are what really keep you going huh? All the kids are beautiful, looks like Scarlett is yet another gorgeous Jensen. 5 is a challenge. No doubt. You are handling it very well.

Anonymous said...

Erin, you look beautiful. YOur children look happy and I agree you do make it look easy. Things will fall into place before you know it. Scarlett looks so sweet.

Trevi Hardy said...

Thank you so much for posting! I miss you all so much!

lllllll