Guess what happens when you wait to do a 6 month post about your baby? It becomes a 7 month post. I feel like this perfectly illustrates how quickly this precious time is going. There are lots of different ways to measure speed. Speed of sound, speed of light; I think Speed an Infant Changes should be in there too. It seems to beat out any others.
Scarlett is growing and thriving and a happy little girl. She has struggled to take a bottle and for the same reason, struggled to start solids but I think we finally can report success on the solids. The bottle? We are still working on it. I'd love to have longer than a 3 hour window during the day but I also try and remember it's really such a short time she needs me, I shouldn't be too quick to wish it away.
She has just begun to sit up on her own and she also has figured out how to clap. My favorite thing she does is scrunch up her nose and breathe in and out real noisily. She does it on purpose and maybe even to be silly. I can make the same noise back to her and we will do it back and forth, she thinks this is extra funny... I do too.
A young mother in the ward recently asked me if Scarlett was "hitting all of her benchmarks". I know I probably cared about those with Kennedy, maybe even Kohen. But by now, and especially here where we don't have well baby check ups (and all of their stats would be in a foreign language called the metric system) I definitely don't think much about it. She's got rolls on her thighs so I know she is eating well. She fits in her clothes when she is supposed to. She does things around when I remember her siblings doing them. I feel grateful to have enough experience under my belt to know she is doing well with or without getting to go in to the Dr.
She is healthy and happy.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude for our Mei Mei.
*Gush is now over.
(well, that's a lie. I maybe never stop gushing over her in real life. I'll just stop doing it here :)






7 comments:
7 months- wow, that went fast. It makes me sad to think of Olivia getting big that quick. Your babes is so dang cute-love the pictures.
Super sweet. I love how much all your babies look like eachother. I never even thought about healthcare over there (beyond the o.b.) Hurray for being a more relaxed parent. It is nice.
She is sooo cute!! I hope we can meet her sometime soon. AKA, see YOU sometime soon!
What a sweet baby! All too soon she'll be a toddler, so enjoy all the baby moments as I know you already do.
IIIIIIIII'm ready to see her again. Like, yesterday ;)
xoxo
beeg
Scarlett is beautiful and all of your kids look so big. As always, you look great too Erin. You have a great family.
Post a Comment