Monday, April 23, 2012

Grandpa Time

 My dad was certainly busy this trip. He spent literally hours, roughhousing with the kids out on the trampoline. They would beg him to go out and play with them and day after day, he obliged. It's a testament to his endurance and courage that he could handle 4 wild things at once. It is what the kids have talked about the most though so it was obviously their favorite activity.
 Nathan was gone most of when my dad was able to be here but we did all get to go and see Hunger Games together which was awesome (except that for some reason the ENTIRE audience broke out into laughter every time it cut to Gale watching the games from District 12. There were no words on the screen at the time as nothing was being said and other friends reported the same experience when they saw it. So strange. Anyway, I digress) but once Nathan left it was up to me to get us around which definitely stretched my abilities. We did eventually find the beautiful Calla lilly festival going on further up the mountain.
 Plenty of time loving on this little sweety pie.
And we also went to the zoo one hot day. We had a pretty good time, we got to see the Panda Bears which is always pretty neat. Aaand I even got us home without having to make an international call to have Nathan tell me where I was and where I needed to go, success!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ERIN! I miss them & you & Nate-Dog. I am counting the days.....
Love you!
xoxoxoxoxoxxo

hf said...

Love that your parents were able to come visit, especially when Nathan was out of town! You're like tour guide barbie, taking all the fam around to different adventures. ;)

lllllll