Yes, this might be an Easter post in May. Let's work with me here. This was a fun afternoon to be remembered. My mom was still visiting at this point, seems so long ago already.
We did our Easter games and baskets on Saturday before Easter. The 5 Statham kids + one of the Chile's came up for an egg hunt. The more the merrier on those types of activities, right?It's nice when we live so far away from our extended family to have neighbors who will scoop up your baby and snuggle em up for a bit whenever they get the chance. Scarlett is content with Jeremiah any time, which can't be said about just anyone these days.
Even in sports mode it's hard to get a good picture of this one. All these pics are thanks to the Stathams and their new camera. We had about 350 pics from the afternoon. Action shots add up fast!
Aly found the golden egg with the mulah! Lucky girl.
Next we went out in our yard for some Easter races. There were sooo many funny pictures, literally about 100. Here are just a few to give you an idea. The first race was the bunny hop, with the finish line being the trampoline.
It's pretty hard to hop like a bunny actually...
Poor sweet Aly had by far the best bunny form, and because of this she came in dead last 3 heats in a row. That about broke her heart. We complimented her on her fine form to try and help her see that she was truly the best at that. Hard lesson though. Grandma had to take over from dad and console her.
As any one who has ever had the privilege to give him chase would remark (usually with some level of surprise), Ander. is. fast!
Pretty soon we started having the older kids do a one legged bunny hop to try and handicap them a bit. They kept racing for a long time, I was exhausted just watching.
The finale was when the kids started chanting for the parents to race, then proceeded to make our rules for how to hop. The Dads had to have their hands behind their heads, the Moms had to pretend we were holding our baby bunnies, and all of us were to jump one legged.
I was so happy to see how strange we all looked in every frame. Apparently I'm not as athletically graceful as I'd imagined.
I'd like to note that this was when I was first sick, thus the pj's, and also, it's super hard to jump like a bunny! I even just ran at the end and I still didn't win.
What a fun afternoon of Easter activities.



4 comments:
Better late than never, and besides who isn't behind on their blogging, really? Looks like a lot of fun! Oh, to have a yard to have bunny hop races in... ;)
I LOVE!! your (and Nathan's) expressions on your races! Priceless! Looks like it was some fun Easter activities. :)
This is so adorable! I seriously can't wait to see you guys!:)
This is so adorable! I seriously can't wait to see you guys!:)
Post a Comment