I never get to surprise Nathan. It is unreasonably difficult to surprise someone that you love. I almost did it though in early December. A friend arranged tickets to Sting's Back to Bass tour that was coming and I managed to keep our evening a secret until we were walking out the door and our sitter said, "You guys are going to the Sting concert, right?" Ahh! So close!
It was fine though, Nathan was super excited and loving that I had planned something.
We went to dinner by ourselves and then met up with 6 other friends for the concert.
Truth be told, I didn't really adore Sting or anything, neither did Nathan, but we liked his music fine and were looking forward to our first concert in Taipei. Well, we were totally blown away (with the exception of the crowd). Sting played an awesome set, never once missing a note, strumming away on his bass with only 5 other musicians on stage. His back up singer was amazing too.
What was not amazing was the crowd. Everyone, literally everyone, sat politely and calmly in their seats. What? How?! It was the strangest way to enjoy a concert. So unnatural. They finally got on their feet when Sting left the stage for the first time, and that is when it really got fun for us. He encored 4 times, it was awesome.
Nathan and I are now proud Sting fans, and not afraid to admit it. It turned out to be one of our favorite concerts that we have seen. Sting and his music were just so much more.. I dunno the word, sexy? than I was expecting. He is a legend for a reason.Awesome almost-surprise date night!



1 comment:
How could I not enjoy an "almost surprise" night with a wife looking that hot!!??
Post a Comment