Christmas Eve was spent with our friends on the lane. In sharp contrast to last year, I was much less stressed and had a great time with our friends and 16 kids. It was a wonderful evening. Instead of a pointless white elephant exchange for the kids we came up with a Service Exchange for them instead. More on that later maybe?
It took about 15 tries but we got a picture with everyone at least looking at the camera on Christmas Eve, progress, one might say.I was thankful Christmas Eve that Alyssa can't keep a secret yet. Kohen had been warning Nathan and I that he was planning something, a test, and he would know for sure if Santa was real by Christmas morning. His only mistake was confiding in both of his sisters. Aly sang like a bird.
Christmas morning the kids discovered the carrots they had left on the roof, all but eaten, and the reindeer had drunk the water they had left them and there was even a hoof print in the blob of playdough they had left to try and get an imprint. Faith in Santa was reconfirmed.
Christmas morning was wonderfully magical. The absolute favorite gift and biggest hit of Christmas was by far, the crutches that Kennedy got from Santa. They had a note on them that said something about how, I know your mom said No but I thought you should have them anyway. It's the strangest gift but she plays with them constantly. And all of her friends love them too, it's the most unexpectedly perfect gift Santa has ever given. Who knew?
Lastly is the pic of Scarlett hugging her new baby. My favorite of the morning.
We spent Christmas playing with our little family and it was lovely.



4 comments:
Love that pic of Scarlett! She seems angelic, and lost in thought. Nathan
I love the picture with all your babies! They looks so cute and grown up. Its a nice crew you and Nathan have!
I love that picture of your kids. It's such a classic family picture and I think Ander's glasses are so, so, so cute! I know this is probably bad to say but I've always wanted babies with glasses, they just melt my heart and Ander is no exception.
So fun! Cora purchased the braces for her doll after she got one for Christmas. She is saving for the crutches and wants the wheelchair too. So funny! What a beautiful family you have :)
Post a Comment