Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saree Demo

Our driver took us to this store packed from floor to ceiling with Sarees. The owner even gave us a demonstration of how to dress in the 6 yards of beautiful fabric. I loved it! I kind of wish I could wear sarees everyday, they are so vibrant and beautiful.
While we were looking around there was even a bride trying on different bridal sarees. She looked stunning in her red saree with gold embroidery throughout. (the video turns the right direction once it starts playing)


Things got progressively more silly when our host pulled out these beauties. We tried them on for entertainment but ended up buying a pair, they are so comfortable it's ridiculous! They have a lot of movement when you walk and don't look as much like Hammer pants as they do in the pic. But I liked em enough I didn't care what they looked like in the end.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Erin, you are beautiful :) It was so fun to see the video...I miss your cute personality!

Anonymous said...

How fortunate that you get to visit places that I've only dreamt about while reading a National Geo ...you are a lucky, lucky girl.....

lllllll