The aftermath of our crazy last month or so has left us feeling a bit out of sorts. Our kids recognized when Nathan or I were single-parenting and took full advantage. So we knew that spring break would be a great time to reign everyone in. We decided to start by taking the older three on a date night with mom and dad.
Alyssa got to go first. We did not intend to be all matchy-matchy but when we went to take a picture we were pretty proud when we realized our accidental coordination.
We took Aly to the newly opened, first in the world, Barbie Cafe. By all accounts, the decorations were impressive. Everything was pink, sparkly, and foofy.
But alas, despite the fabulous decor, the food left everything something to be desired. I ordered a salmon salad which arrived looking dubious, with limp, slimy "smoked salmon" and a salad that, I kid you not, tasted like an ash tray. Frankly, I don't know how they even did that. We sent it back because it was inedible.
Later when Nathan was paying the bill the guy checking him out said, "It was really bad wasn't it?" Nathan said, yes, it truly was. The guy said, "I am quitting so I can be honest."
It was that bad.
Probably the coolest idea in the place is this Barbie box where you can sit in the chair in the box and take pictures. She's so stinkin cute, I'd save up all of my penny's to buy a little doll like her.
Get in there!
Cutest Memory:
As we were driving along Nathan made a request for me to turn on a music app called Songza that we adore because the one Eng. radio station here is laughable. So he says to me, "Hey, wanna Songza me?" From the back seat Aly pipes up in her high-pitched little voice with, "Sure!" then breaks in to song, with "I am a Chiiild of God...." It was the best "Songza" we've ever had.
It was great to get to spend time with our middle child, when you get this one alone she is about as funny and sweet as can be. Love her!









5 comments:
You'd think Barbie would have higher standards when it came to the food. Was the place busy? It'll be interesting to see how long it sticks around with really gross food. I love the date night idea.
Great date night idea. . . We love you guys.
Haha, love the use of 'foofy'!! That is so great haha.
That place is awesome! How fun! Cute cute kids!
I look forward to a "songza" from Aly this summer! She is a cutie.
Post a Comment