Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cherry Blossoms 2008




Last week I met Nathan downtown after work with the kids. The Cherry Blossoms were at about 90% of their full bloom- in my totally unscientific opinion- and were amazing. I wanted to try and get some good pictures of the kids there this year and I have to thank my friend Jessie because she let me borrow her awesome camera, which up-ed my chances of getting a good picture even though I am certain I didn't use the camera any where near it's full ability. It was still super fun to play around with. There are all of these professional photogs down there, several had all manner of tripods, gadgets, and serious demeanor's to take pictures of the blossoms and I'll admit I felt felt a bit like one of them shooting pictures with a suh-weet camera... only you guys will know the truth!! lol. Anyway, thanks again Jessie, we had a great time.

Two of my favorites

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I hope you don't suffer from alergies! Those blossoms look beautiful but make me want
to sneeze!

Sarah said...

Those pictures turned out so great! I've been thinking about upgrading my camera for a while now, and if my pictures could turn out anywhere near as cute as yours did then I'm sold.

hf said...

I wish we could visit at this time of year to see it in person. Beautiful! Great pics.

Jessie said...

Wow Erin your pictures turned out great! I love all of them. You have a good eye...and no it's not the camera. Feel free to borrow it anytime though.
Hey where were you last night?????

Anonymous said...

Erin: Wow I can't believe it has been a year since we were there! I love the pictures.

Papa Bonnie

Hannah said...

I LOVE the pictures! You did a great job. I was hoping the cherry blossoms would hold off another 2 weeks so that Sam and I could go, but alas, it looks like we'll have to hope for next year.

Sheila said...

Great pic Erin! You did very well for an amateur!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. No blossoms in Colorado yet...we have snow :(

Kristin said...

Wow! Your photos are so beautiful! It looks like you all had a great time. What kind of camera did you use?

ej said...

It was a Canon Rebel- so nice! On my wish list for someday...

Tiffanie said...

I got to your blog by googling Jeff and Amber Dahl - you had a post on them September 07. Do you have their current address or phone? I'm a friend of theirs from High school and BYU. Thanks! Tiffaniewride@gmail.com

lllllll