So, I may be a little late on this post but I but I still wanted to put it up. We had a nice General Conference Weekend listening to the General Authorities speak and most importantly we were able to sustain President Thomas S. Monson as the Prophet and leader of the LDS church. But with a weekend full of trying to keep the children quiet and occupied as we watched Conference I got to focus a lot less than I would have liked. But we try to make the weekend something to look forward to and this time we got up and for breakfast made Monkey Bread together which was a fun treat. Later the older kids got to try something I remembered my good friend Amber D. telling me she had done with her kids a few years ago. Kennedy and Kohen got to build temples out of sugar cubes and they were pretty thrilled to be using glue for once in their little lives. And they actually did it for quite some time until Kohen discovered he was playing with sugar...building temples out of sugar cubes is now officially Kohen's favorite activity.
Friday, April 11, 2008
A Good Way To Spend A Weekend
So, I may be a little late on this post but I but I still wanted to put it up. We had a nice General Conference Weekend listening to the General Authorities speak and most importantly we were able to sustain President Thomas S. Monson as the Prophet and leader of the LDS church. But with a weekend full of trying to keep the children quiet and occupied as we watched Conference I got to focus a lot less than I would have liked. But we try to make the weekend something to look forward to and this time we got up and for breakfast made Monkey Bread together which was a fun treat. Later the older kids got to try something I remembered my good friend Amber D. telling me she had done with her kids a few years ago. Kennedy and Kohen got to build temples out of sugar cubes and they were pretty thrilled to be using glue for once in their little lives. And they actually did it for quite some time until Kohen discovered he was playing with sugar...building temples out of sugar cubes is now officially Kohen's favorite activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I think if I let my kids make temples out of sugar cubes they would never be built....they would be eaten and then I would be stuck in the house with sugar filled children!
Your children just have more self control than mine I guess..... :)
Woo hoo! We love sugar cube temples! We didn't get sugar cubes this year and the kids were so disappointed. We will definitely be sure to not make that mistake again! And as for the temptation to eat the sugar cubes-- even kids can't eat that much straight sugar! Darling kids!
good idea!
And I was looking at the box and one sugar cube = 4 grams of sugar. That means in your average Yogurt there are 8 sugar cubes, Yikes! It totally struck me because I wouldn't normally sit my children down and serve them 8 sugar cubes with lunch. It was quit the visual lesson for me. And even Kohen only ate 4 or 5 cubes that day though he did discover their taste kind of late in the game! :)
I can't believe the average yogurt has eight sugar cubes...Yikes is right! I've recently become one of those people that is always looking at nutrition labels to see what stuff is in it that shouldn't be. Applesause is another one of those things you have to watch for. The applesauce that is just apples and water is BETTER than the ones that have all sorts of nastiness added (high fructose corn syrup). Anyway, sorry for the rant :)
Erin, Julie (Bastian) Homer here. I just love the hole blog thing and finding lost friends. Heather told me you live in VA. Well that is were we are too, Nokesville. brianjuliehomer.blogspot.com I hope that we can get together. :) Julie
What a great idea! I am totally going to log that one away! Your kids are so cute. I just love seeing what they are up to! P.S. Thanks for the book you sent! The sticky finger tree frog is a huge hit here :)
Post a Comment