After 1 minute of waiting Aly is trying to rip my arm off so I pick her up as I am called up to be helped. The gentleman helping the customer to my left is Hawaiian or something but he is really tan and looks almost African American. This line of thinking never would have crossed my mind until Aly points her arm clear out at him and says, "He's a TROLL!"......... *crickets chirping*.......WHAT?! How do you recover from that?! At first I thought maybe he wouldn't understand her but no such luck, against all odds the guy understood every word. Thankfully he seemed to have a good sense of humor but I still wanted to die. I mean- I have a suspicion the comment came from a Dora the Explorer episode but how do you explain that to the newly christened 'Troll'? Especially when he looked nothing like the cartoon troll? I can only imagine what the postal worker/troll thinks we are teaching our little children. I knew that Dora was up to no good...



6 comments:
Oh my. That's a hard one to recover from. Just think though, in Taiwan the people won't understand your kids' blunders, and you too can enjoy their ignorance and throw a zinger at them on a bad day.
Oh Erin, I do remember a few Zingers that that you spewed out at that age. The apple has not fallen far from the tree...Too funny!
Dad
I totally understand! There really is no getting out of that one but it will be something good to laugh about later! Cora did something similar to us on Halloween when she called the little old lady next door a witch in front of her entire family. We were horrified, especially because we couldn't get her to stop pointing or shouting! What can you do?
hahaha aly hota is sure to always make the day more exciting. miss you guys! :)
I love what kids say, unless it's my own kids, calling a rough looking guy with an eye patch A PIRATE! arrrrgggg! He was not amused.
Every mother has to have a moment like that, right? Maybe you got yours out of the way and nothing like that will ever happen to you again! - at least in Taiwan they won't be able to understand what your kids are saying about them :)
Post a Comment