Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Um...Whoops???

About two weeks ago I went to a friends blog to find a picture of her young daughters Cello which had been accidentally broken badly, though luckily it was covered. My comment was as follows, "Today the Cello tomorrow the car. Let's take this valuable lesson and insure everything that our children touch, lol." Yes, haha our children who break everything they touch, those pesky things. 
So fast forward to Nathan and I's long flight home from Taiwan. Nathan was helping me figure out the buttons to lay the chair further back and as he and I each held buttons that were slowly moving the whole seat forward and down, we were yuckin' it up about something when we heard this ominous "CRACK!" We look at each other and Nathan says, "what was that?" I already knew. I realized my backpack had been laying on the floor as we started moving the chair and eventually the chair had squished it into the center console and...well...see for yourself. 
That ^ would be my not even 6 month old MacBook Pro which had been in my backpack. The white lines on the screen would be a horrible crack shouting to the whole world my clumsiness and stupidity. Pictured below on the left side of the screen you can see some more damage. Ugh, I was sick to my stomach as Nathan and I sat looking over the carnage that was my laptop. It was brutal. All I could think about was that stupid comment I made on my friends blog. Yeah, cuz it's the kids who break everything they touch.
The happy/ironic ending to this story is when Nathan says "Well, it's a good thing I got that extended warranty..." How embarrassing. We have to ensure everything I touch! But I was so grateful Nathan had done that, I guess he knows me all too well, though at the time I'm sure I figured extra protection was because we have 3 little ones around.
Anyway, as it stands right now the only difference I can see between little children breaking things and me is that occasionally toddlers will destroy things out of curiosity. Other than that I think we need to be just as cautious of what I might demolish as them. My sincere apology to little people everywhere.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honest mistake! Don't beat yourself up! Rachel

Kysa said...

Ha, ha, ha!! I'm sorry I'm laughing; but I'm imagining that I'm there with you when that happened. Good thing you have a husband that plans for future destructions. It happens to us all. Let's blame it on pregnancy shall we. :)

Peter and Jen Bell said...

Sad! Hey, thanks for being one of very few people who actually read my blog and leave comments. I love it!

Heather said...

bummer... like ive said before, how many times have I lunged to save a childs falling drink only to knock over my own??? Even when it is my fault I blame it on the kids, I mean who's responsible for this major loss of brain cells anyway??:)

Anonymous said...

that stinks. Good thing it is covered or you would be in a bad mood till summer!

Anonymous said...

that stinks. Good thing it is covered or you would be in a bad mood till summer! Love ya
tara

Hannah said...

It's true! This reminds me to be a little more understanding of my kids! I think we can laugh at this story because your laptop was under warranty. Otherwise, I'm sure you wouldn't be laughing (quite yet). But you know, you can always pull the "pregnancy" card and blame it on hormones or something. Whenever I'm pregnant, I'm always attributing my clumsiness, mental lapses, etc, on the child within. ha! That shows real maturity!

Brossettelewis said...

AGGG. No worries I am missing a { key on my 4mo old MacBook thanks to one of those little {james} people.

lllllll