We had to go into SF on Friday and at lunch we splurged and finally went to this cool place called the Jungle that we have seen so many times.
This is Kohen trying to see if the huge mechanical Anaconda will lick his hand. It should be noted he did not desire the snake in our back yard to do the same... thankfully.
Though the food was overpriced the restaurant itself was really cool. It was a jungle from floor to ceiling with animatronic jungle animals moving and roaring all over the place, pretty neat.
We got to sit right next to this big aquarium which was unique and fun and kept the children entertained while waiting for their lunch.
The real fun started that afternoon after naps. We decided it was a good weekend to Camp Out in our backyard and we surprised the kids. They were so thrilled. I found Kohen upstairs gathering camping stuff and he breathlessly starts telling me what all he has 'packed'. "I've got my pajamas, my telescope so I can see the snakes, my Book of Mormon, my chopsticks...I'm ready to go camping!"......Chopsticks???
Kohen brought out his snake and tried to scare all of us that it was one of our real snakes. He actually got Nathan pretty good once, lol.
I enjoyed my time cooking outside. We only had one small mishap when I spilled soda trying to hand Nathan a blanket while cooking and when I jerked the blanket away from the soda and started cleaning up I actually threw it onto the coals and melted part of it without even realizing it until Nathan jumped in and saved the day...woops.
I'm not even gonna lie right now. I make a mean S'mores and you should be crazy jealous.
As the evening wound down Aly - a known partier- refused to settle down. When she declared she needed to go potty I gladly took her in- bidding the other 3 a good night. Though Aly wasn't pleased when she found out she was staying inside it really was for the best for both of us. As far as camping goes- I'd say back yard camping is right up my alley, at least for now with little ones. Fun night!!!



11 comments:
Erin that looks like so much fun!! I wish I could come visit you guys. I love you!
Seester, what a cute idea! I love it :) The face Kohen is making when he dropped his smore is what I call the official "potato face", soooo cute :) How did Aly's hair get so long since the last time I saw her??? Miss you guys! xoxo
Natalie
Cool picture of kennedy in the glow stick! And I think Kohen and Olivia are two peas in a pod- that face!!! Whata great family activity, and I feel the same way- backyard camping, definitely the way to go.
You guys are so adventurous! I love the idea and the pics. Not sure I'm willing to try it out in our own backyard though...I'm just too lazy right now.
Kohen is.so.cute. I burst out laughing when I saw the picture of him and the ruined journal - seriously - that face! And the snake, and the packed bag with the chopsticks! Nick and him are soulmates - they make for good blogging material, don't they? :)
I love the stories you write about and hope you are keeping all this in a notebook somewhere. Thanks for taking the time to share. Love to you and yours, G'ma Nona
Oh my goodness! You're family is seriously too cute. Who knew that camping in the backyard could be that much fun?!? I seriously want to be like you someday. (No, I won't name all of my kids after yours, I just might steal some creative ideas from you.) I had to laugh at the comment you left on our blog...thanks for appreciating the work it took me to pull off a party with no Target nearby! I had to gather that stuff a couple months ago and haul it around in our suitcases just for Kennedy's birthday...but it was a success!
I loved that! It was exactly what I needed to read. I think you guys are a hoot! (that sounds a little old lady-ish but you know what I mean).
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the blogs, Wish I was campng out in the backyard. That is a keeper! best of both worlds!
Man you guys are fun parents! Camping in the back yard! BTW you look great!
You never know when you might need chopsticks! I echo brooke in that I want to be like you when I grow up...seeing as I'm only 2 years younger I've got a lot of growing to do!
Post a Comment