For months now I've been waging a small war I call Thumb vs. Pacifier. I felt like the pacifier really pulled ahead there for a while until Two Fingers jumped into the fray. I never saw it coming. The battle was lost nearly overnight with Thumb and Pacifier both wondering what the heck happened.
I was never really one who thought thumb-sucking was so "cute" and I thought even less of fingers, but I have to say it's growing on me. For now* this self soothing thing is pretty darn nice.
(I refuse to think about 2-3 yrs from now *cringe*)
He really does it a lot, every where we go now Chinese people who stop to look at Ander have to show whoever they're with that this kid is sucking on his fingers.... not exactly sure what the draw is there but they get a kick out of it.
His favorite position is to snuggle up on you chest so he can do his self soothing thing. The best kind of snuggle- and I have let dinner get cold, clothes go unfolded, and children run wild just so I could snuggle up this sweet pea before he won't let me anymore .
His favorite position is to snuggle up on you chest so he can do his self soothing thing. The best kind of snuggle- and I have let dinner get cold, clothes go unfolded, and children run wild just so I could snuggle up this sweet pea before he won't let me anymore . (My friend Betsy made this adorable onesie for Ander and I. LOVE. it.)




17 comments:
he is so cute, i was so worried about abby and her thumb, but i can tell you it does wonders at helping them sleep through the night, she finally gave it up around 2 and usually only did do it when she went to sleep. So, I guess just enjoy now and worry later.
Gosh he looks so old and big when the kids are holding him. But when he's snuggled up to you (love that pic btw!!) he looks just right!
What a sweet boy!!
You have such beautiful children Erin. I'm not even kidding, he's absolutely adorable.
Such a cutie. I love the 2 finger suck :)
he looks so much like his dad!
Erin he is adorable! I love the pic with him snuggling up against you. You look great! My Eryn was a thumb sucker, which saved my life having Kaitlyn just 17 months later. She could always soothe herself back to sleep during the night. At age three, she gave it up fairly easily.
He has such wide eyes!! Cute pics, we can't wait to meet him. Might we this summer?
So cute! I can't believe he is four months. Time flies! It was great to get your card!
Sister,
He's changing so much already :( Why do they have to change so fast!
That B&W of you and him is precious.
xoxo
I love the two fingers! I always hope my kids will suck their thumb (easier for me) but they never do. Probably better since I was a thumbsucker until age 8! Ander is simply darling--so fun to have some current pics of him.
Oh my gosh! That last picture of Ander looks just like his Dad! I've never seen a baby picture of Nathan, but I think you must have posted one in this batch. What a beautiful family.
He is adorable and so happy and so snuggly! I don't remember your other ones being so snuggly. Were they? It's so nice to have one that just molds to you. Cutie pie, you keep sucking those fingers. :)
I use to suck my middle two fingers...he is really a happy looking little guy! So cute!
EJ,
he has the biggest eyes ever!!
Big Eyes=AWESOME!
MC
Wish I were there to hug him. Kohen is getting so grown up too..he is changing. Hurry home so we can see them all!
Trevi
He really is cute!
erin, that picture of you holding him in black and white made me cry. it's so beautiful. i still can't believe you are all the way over there with 4 kids. you amaze me with all that you are doing. it was so nice to catch up with you on your blog, it's been too long. lots of love to you sweetie and that darling family of yours.
Post a Comment