Somehow, these are the only pictures I have of Kennedy and Kohen's New Years outfits. Aren't they fun though?
On Sunday church was only the first meeting since it was Chinese New Year. For the first time in 57 years CNY and Valentines landed on the same day which was fun. After church the children got to open a gift from both of their Aunts and Uncles and the V-day shirts were quickly put into use before we headed out.
Shayn and Ander are still tight even though Ander pooped all over him back in November. Definitely buds.
We headed out to the Chang Kai Shek memorial on a gorgeous, if not a tad overly warm, Sunday afternoon. This marked the only day while Shayn was here that it didn't downpour most/all day. I'm glad we made the most of it.
We waited for probably 20 minutes or so to see the Changing of the Guard. Kohen looked at the guards standing as still as statues and declared in frustration, THEY ARE NOT REAL! He actually tried to leave the area several times. Finally the ceremony started and Kohen was shocked and practically giddy that they were alive! We were right up front and it was neat to see the soldiers execute their routine of rifle tossing and stomping in unison. I don't know how they stand still like that for so long. Seriously, not a job for me. Unless I could be laying down instead, say on a comfy mattress- then I'd be amazing. Somehow I don't think thats the kind of feel they're going for.
Shayn and Kennedy next to this cool tree we thought looked like it was straight outta Mario Brothers.


After the Memorial we made the somewhat poor decision of heading up Yang Ming Shan which is a giant Mountain where there is a National Park at the top. Turns out our idea was unoriginal as every other Taiwanese person was headed up the two lane mountain with us. With all of the 8 seats in the van taken up it was... cozy. We pulled off at the first sign of greenery though we didn't really make it into the park.
We let the kids run around this area for a little bit, it was so whimsical and reminded me of places I've imagined from books - definitely a place that would stimulate a child's imagination.
I captured my favorite moment of the day when Kennedy had successfully jumped across a stream and was trying to help Aly jump over. Apparently the situation seemed so ill fated that Kohen had to cover his eyes and couldn't look. He was really worried, poor kid. Luckily the girls abandoned Mission: Sopping Wet Pants and stuck to the safer areas.
On our way down the mountain we stopped at this lookout so our visitors could get a picture with this beautiful view. What's that haze you ask? Certainly not smog, heavens no! It's just um... it's just a magical mist that is part of what makes Taipei so special! (aaand may or may not leave black soot on every darn thing it touches). Quite a view though, eh?

Aly-roo we love you!
Shayn and Kennedy next to this cool tree we thought looked like it was straight outta Mario Brothers.^Ashley and Shayn, gorgeous couple
^Ashley and Shayn 10 years from now, HA!



12 comments:
A few items:
1. Great Post!--Awesome pictures as always, I can't wait to come and visit you guys!
2. I really like the new font in your blog title.
3. Thanks for always keeping us updated on what you are up to--do you realize that the summer will be here before you know it!!
Mike
I love the family pictures. You guys are so cute! And getting so cultured. Fun times!!
Awesome pictures! It's so fun to see your family all together. Wow! You are a great looking group. Little Ander is growing good. What a fun time to see things that most people will never get to. Glad you guys are enjoying it =)
You have such a beautiful family. Best part: Kohen covering his eyes - such character. It is so much fun to read!
Beautiful, amazing scenery and such a good-looking family.
Rachel
I really like how Kennedy is assimilating to her new culture by wearing hello kitty shirts. haaa we miss you guys!!
Just checking in on you- Taiwan looks beautiful and it's looks like you are surviving. Fun stuff.
Erin, you look soooo good!!!! I love your pictures!! I love the beautiful outfits that your kids were wearing. They fit right in! I too love the new font in your blog title. Keep bloggin' on!!!
What a need area. I think the changing of the gaurd would be really neat to see.
Gina
Did you guys feel the earthquake? Are you all well? Thinking about you. Love your blog as usual.
Did you feel the earthquake? Do you still have power? I am worried it might slow down your blogging! I do love your new background, it has almost a tiawaneese feel to it! I know I spelled it wrong but I don't care!
hey guys! i miss you all so much! Aly is getting so big and so is kohen, kennedy and Ander! It looks like you are having the experience of a life time! I can't wait to see you this summer! I love you all sooo much tell everyone hi for me!
- Emilee Hardy
Post a Comment