Thank you everyone for your concern after the earthquake that happened in Taiwan yesterday. To ease your mind, it was a ways away and was very minor up here in Taipei, neither Nathan or I even felt it. The power did temporarily go out but other than that no effects at all. Thanks for thinking of us though!

Typically I'm not huge into Valentines Day. I wasn't the least bit sad that the schools here celebrate Chinese New Year rather than Valentines. I planned on doing the same, until Ashley and I came up with a brilliant date night that is. I haven't planned a surprise anything for Nathan in a while so it was so fun to do and have another couple to do it with. We started out with dinner. Saffron = best Indian food ever.

Then we treated the boys to their first Taiwan Foot Massages. It's a
thing over here, they have foot massage places all over where you can just walk in and get your feet rubbed on the cheap, men and women alike. The atmosphere at this particular place is so nice though, hot herbal tea, soft music, freshly sawed pieces of wood hanging from the ceiling (?) - it all adds to the experience. Shayn was our comical relief, enjoying his foot massage as he does most things-to the fullest. He even went so far as to seriously ask his Masseuse #95 if he ever got a turn, maybe from #96???

Then we took the boys for Hagaan Dazs Ice Cream Fondue that Ashley and I had stumbled upon one rainy night. For as beautiful as it looks? I'm not gonna lie, it tasted even better. I dare say it would be difficult to top our date night but we'd be willing to let the boys try :)
I'm going to leave the GIVEAWAY open for just a little longer, if you haven't had the chance to put your name in it's a few posts down. Winners will be drawn soon! Yay!
6 comments:
Your date looks like such fun!
Glad to hear you guys weren't really affected by the latest earthquake.
Your blogs seriously make me laugh out loud! That fondue was amazing, I'm so jealous that you can have it whenever you want! Strawberry cheesecake ice cream...sigh.
do the foot massages hurt like the ones they did on Amazing Race that one season?
The E.Q. karaoke night would've definitely topped that!! I can't believe you skipped such an event just to go eat some gassy Indian food and have your feet poked in ways that are torturous (by the way, next v-day, WE'RE coming with you :)
Sounds like a great night! Yummy looking dessert. I'm jealous. Glad you didn't feel a thing w/ the earthquake. Rachel
Oh my gosh, that Haagen das looks so yummy!! Looks like such a fun date. What a great wife you are!
Post a Comment