
Well, I turned 30. After nearly 7 years I am finally back in the same decade as Nathan, ha! About the time I turned 30, Ander turned 6 months old. It's more fun, so let's talk about him.

Growing up in Asia our little white baby is, as you've heard, a bit of an anomaly. This is a small crowd that gathered while we were at C.K.S. Memorial. I had the blanket over the stroller so the baby could suck his fingers in peace without people trying to yank them out of his mouth like they've started to do (grrr) -when Aly threw back the blanket to the delight of the crowd who gave a collective little cheer when she revealed her brother. She was pretty proud of herself.

This is Ander on our first trip to Ping Xi, some of the locals took turns taking pictures with our little guy. They were all extremely friendly but don't worry, we still kept a watchful eye.

Our 2nd time in Ping Xi while we were writing on our lanterns the Father who was holding Ander was drawing quite a crowd. As a group gathered and started taking pictures of Ander Nathan started telling everyone to come in and buy lanterns here! trying to get the family some more business. He got his best response when he said, "Come in- paint your good luck wishes here- you will have white baby!" The crowd went wild over that, thought it was
hilarious. And, well, it was.

To be fair, they were loving our friend's daughter Jaydn too, using just as much storage space on their cameras with her sweet little face as they did Ander's. I wonder what it's like through our children's eyes having all of this attention from strangers.

ANYWAY- besides being popular with the Chinese Ander has a few other accomplishments to report. For a little over a month now I keep walking in to get him out of bed and he will full on be up on his hands and knees, sometimes rocking back and forth which, if you have children you know this is a precursor to crawling. I'm not ashamed to say I usually *gently* pull his legs out from under him in a vain attempt to prolong the inevitable. He is just dying to get up and go with his siblings though.

He recently discovered his toes could be fun to suck on and he likes to yank off his socks and suck on his toes till they look like raisins. If you notice his irritated cheeks in the above pic- unfortunately I also think he is sensitive to dairy. I have given him milk-based formula 4 times- his cheeks flared up the first time and he vomited the next 3 times so I'm not really sure where to go from there.

We started solids with mixed results. I can't tell if he dislikes the food or just really enjoys spitting. Jury is still out on this one.

The one thing that is generally undisputed is that Ander continues to be a happy and easy going baby. I am so grateful because it's nice to have at least 1 out of 4 be that way. Holy cow you do NOT want me to post about the the older three right now. It's spring break and they are driving me
nuts. Let's all pretend Ander isn't going to grow up and join his siblings in that shall we? You know, the whole ignorance is bliss thing.
11 comments:
Happy Birthday! You are both so very CUTE!
Happy Birthday! It's strange, but I love seeing all the people oggeling your kids. Their reaction is so strange, although your kids are pretty dang cute. What an adventure.
I can't believe how much he looks like Nathan!!! p.s. thinking about using some tax return money to come visit. Just have to figure out time out... and a good time to come!!!
oh my word Erin I can't believe your only 30!!! That is crazy! You sure look good for being soooo old! :) Hope you had a great bday! Looks like you have had some fun adventures!
Happy belated Birthday! You have 12 hrs (until I head to post office) to email me special requests to send in your envelope w/ your b-day card! Please email me! ANDER IS ADORABLE!! Love his beautiful smile and blue eyes.
Rachel
Happy Birthday and 6 month progress. So sorry he is on his way to crawling already!!! But, congrats to Ander, I'm sure he is feeling a lot of anxiety to get in on the sibling action. He is So cute:)
I love his little finger sucking. Very cute- hope everything went well with your b-day!
Seriously, Ander is about the cutest little boy ever. I would want my picture with him too. :) Happy Birthday by the way. I hope it was a great one.
What a cute kid! and Ander is adorable!!
Happy Birthday Erin! I forgot you and Nathan were so far apart in age, too. Ander looks so much like Cohen. He's too cute!
OH, he is so cute!
Post a Comment