Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kohen's Dragon

I think I've mentioned before how grateful I am for the creative outlet school is for Kohen. He is in project/supply heaven and now his answer to fix anything is "just a little tape!"
His teacher does a really good job of taking pictures and posting them on a Picasa site for all of us parents to see what our kiddos have been playing with/working on. I love it. Here are a couple of recent ones.
Kohen's Self Portrait
His teacher usually has captions like these: "Can you tell I'm a transformer?"

(Getting Ready for Chinese New Year) One day a Lion Dancer Mask appeared...
And inspired our first Lion/Dragon Mask!

Today I'm going to make another Dragon that's big enough for my whole family to fit under it!
Here comes the Dragon Dancers!

Kohen inspired other Dragons to be made by others and the playground was swarming with them but I didn't think I should post a bunch of kids w/o permission. But he brought home this dragon SO proud and excited, I need to video him showing us his projects because he uses his man voice and is so animated... Anyway, we are working on getting this boy to see some more Dragon Dancers this Chinese New Year, cuz he wouldn't love that at all.

4 comments:

shellydinger said...

The transformer picture is awesome! absolutely a favorite. I am so impressed, but not surprised, that Kohen came up with the huge dragon on his own. He sounds like he's in a great school.

The Crowley's said...

looks like he has a great teacher. He is so dang cute- love that kid!

Anonymous said...

Sister!
I LOVE his self-portrait. Seriously, it's really good! He looks so happy at that school, I would have loved something like that as a kid :) And the dragon, darling! Can't wait for the video!

XOXO

McCallisters said...

Hi Erin! I finally have my act together and was so excited to check out your blog. It looks like you guys are doing well. Cute baby, Anders, by the way! He and Anderson would be buddies, I am sure of it. Mason was asking about Kohen the other day when we saw a snake on TV. I guess he remembers that snake we saw in your yard that time. Isn't it funny what kids remember? We all hope that you are doing well!

lllllll