Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Snail Tale


It might be a little hard to know the real focal point in these top pictures but the kids were insistent I get some shots of them with their new pet snails.
After some unusually cool temperatures this spring the heat, it seems, is finally here to stay. The proof is on Weather.com where it says the current temp. is 91* and with humidity feels like 103*. So we can all call me an idiot for wishing for warmer swimming weather just a few short weeks ago. On the up side the kids are loving immediate access to the pool and I'm loving the new 'motivational' tool I have for them to get their stuff done.
Anyway, I came out to find they had all adopted pet snails which they were quite proud and defensive of.
They had made them each a bed of flower petals,
then jumped back in the pool, content that their new family members were making themselves at home......

Never, have I seen 3 snails move as quickly as these guys did. They must have sensed their minutes would be numbered with my kids.

As sweet as this face is, Iiiiii don't know how much I'd trust it either.

10 comments:

Ky"sa" said...

Those are the cutest snails. I wish it was 91 here. I'm looking out my window right now on this cold rainy day. Boo Hoo! I want to go swimming.

Rosemary said...

i remember my kids playing with the snails while living in CA. Marianne's class at school even had a snail race and hers won! I didn't really share their joy! Kids!

hf said...

Your kids are getting sooo big! Aly especially isn't even a toddler anymore :( Miss you guys. Enjoy the heat!!

Sarah said...

I love Aly's little raisin fingers in the close up picture of her snail. So cute. :)

Sarah said...

0h wait, maybe it's Kennedy's fingers. Either way, I love it.

Anonymous said...

What ended up being the consensus on the slide?

-Justin

Hannah said...

Snails moving fast? That is a site I'd like to see! I hope they weren't too disappointed. :)

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, it snowed here yesterday and I am oogling over your warm weather and swimming access!!!!! Looks so fun, I love the pruney hands in the close up pics:) I bet Ander loves the water too.

Tara Pugmire said...

crazy it does not look warm there, it looks overcast and chilly. Hard to believe it is that hot there when it is cold here. Can't wait till you get here.

Jessie said...

Erin do you have your own pool there at your house? Not sure about those snails...did you tell your kiddos people eat them!

lllllll